Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2010, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, well I've set up GPU0, 1, 2 and 3 and created the shortcuts as per the guide but but I can only seem to get 1 GPU folding at the moment, when I try a 2nd on I look at the viewer and it says "Core is not running now".

I clicked on GPU4 shortcut and precision show GPU4 at 99%....hmmmm

Old November 8, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not sure what was actually happening but it "appears" as if all 4 GPU's were folding, GPU usage showing 99% on all in precision, however in the viewers only one GPU seems to be moving in terms of %, the other 3 seem to be very slow.

If you are running multiple GPU cards with SLI or Crossfire, you need to extend the desktop for the client to recognize multiple GPUs.
When Windows ask to look for a driver hit CANCEL. If you let Windows install the driver automatically, there is a big risk of having sub-par performances or client issues.
If you run Windows Vista/Win7, you need to have each GPU connected to a monitor (a KVM can also work but not all models of KVM will provide a signal when it's not switched as current monitor) or a VGA dummy plug.

I have SLI disabled at the moment and 2 monitors hooked up with desktop extended, do I need a KVM or dummy plugs?
Attached Images

Old November 8, 2010, 08:58 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The viewer is basically useless, it's been known to cause instability, crashes and worst of all, a loss of ppd.

To get an accurate picture of your ppd use HFM.net; How to set up HFM.NET and FahMon to monitor Folding@home progress. Now with videos.

Edit; Don't know about with four gpus but with two and SLI disabled I don't need a second monitor anymore. I made sure to remove the bridge though...

Old November 8, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, my next task is to set up the HFM, it does appear that all 4 GPU's are folding away though and my temps are a comfortable 42-43c on all 4 which is nice.

Old November 9, 2010, 12:08 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
GPU0, GPU1, and GPU2 (which would be the switches you would put in the shortcuts) will not always correspond to what is shown in precision tool.
Ya and it is such a pain in the @$$ too if you want to pause a couple of the clients to game but leave the other ones going.
Old November 9, 2010, 03:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Ya and it is such a pain in the @$$ too if you want to pause a couple of the clients to game but leave the other ones going.
Use the F@H Tracker V2, I really like the pause feature :)

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old November 9, 2010, 09:47 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
Use the F@H Tracker V2, I really like the pause feature :)
That still doesn't help if you have 4 clients and don't know which are the two cards used for SLI.

Also I don't like how it deletes all the old queue information and logs.