Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2012, 08:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Man , you had a hard road on yer 3930k.....I only killed my mobo once , your rig never worked.

Glad you are moving forward !!

---------

I start the bidding on that monitor at 25$.

I can give it a good death , and I'll film it too !

Mostly self inflicted.......

I still have an issue though, only 12 of 16gb ram are detected in task manager. I have a few things to try and I hope it is not the board, I have it back in the case with most of the cable management done...
Old October 26, 2012, 09:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Man , you had a hard road on yer 3930k.....I only killed my mobo once , your rig never worked.

Glad you are moving forward !!

---------

I start the bidding on that monitor at 25$.

I can give it a good death , and I'll film it too !

Heh, I bid $50.

I've got 12 rifles of varying calibers that would love to have a personal conversation with malfunctioning hardware.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 4, 2012, 09:10 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Well I just killed my 3rd GTX 295 (dual PCB's) today well half anyway. I replaced it with a single PCB GTX 295 card, think it will be better, runs cooler.

Last winter one lost a core like today's and the other one just died all together. Might have to try baking them and get a little more life out of them!

Home office: Asus Crosshair IV Formula, Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition, Sapphire 6950 flashed to 6970, 16GB

Out of town: P8Z77-I Deluxe, Intel i5 2500k with H70, EVGA GTX 670, G.Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz 8GB, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, Seagate 500GB.

Folders:
1. Evga X58 Classified 4way SLI, Intel i7 960, 3-EVGA GTX 480's, 12GB, Intel X-25M 80GB SSD
2. Evga X58 Classified 4way SLI, Intel i7 960, 1-GTX 480, 1-GTX 580, 6GB, Corsair 60gig SSD
3. P7P55D PRO, Intel i5 750, 2-EVGA 295's - Down..
Old February 10, 2013, 06:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I suppose it was bound to happen sometime, with a 125W TDP chip OC'd on a motherboard with no VRM cooling:

There goes a Gigabyte MA770-UD3

...and a Seasonic M12 600W:

...at least those are the visibly destroyed parts. I wonder what happened to the CPU, RAM, GPU, and HDDs attached to that case?
Old February 19, 2013, 06:49 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default evga 570 hd sc

Well its official. Just toasted my first evga single fan video card while folding. Got the call today, my IPR stands and I can go pick up the replacement. Funny was just telling GBA the other day how much bad luck I was having with Asus and Gigabyte multi fan video cards, when all of a sudden the monitor went dead. No signal and yet the fans on the 570 were still spinning fine. PLaced the card into another PC and still no signal. Not sure what went wrong but the tech who called said it was dead. Wonder if Memx will let me level up to say a GTX680....sigh.

p://www.hardfolding.com/fhtag.php/mem/7984290/26/1.png[/IMG][/url]
Old February 19, 2013, 07:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Asus GTS 450, the one I got from Soul, passed very well through the trial period of the 8057WU doing 40k PPD all of sudden cannot finish WUs anymore, gaming still fine, now not even gaming fine, artifacts, well, I guess that was squeezing the life out of it. Offered as a loan card for display/gaming till will break completely. My first folding casualty.
Old February 20, 2013, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
Asus GTS 450, the one I got from Soul, passed very well through the trial period of the 8057WU doing 40k PPD all of sudden cannot finish WUs anymore, gaming still fine, now not even gaming fine, artifacts, well, I guess that was squeezing the life out of it. Offered as a loan card for display/gaming till will break completely. My first folding casualty.
Think that cards still in warranty pm me the serial number and I will confirm :)
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”