Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2010, 10:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I do click the X button to quit, but when I boot it up again, it says the core was shut down improperly. I guess I should just disregard this message then?
Old October 3, 2010, 11:03 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

It's odd that you are getting a message like that, but as long as there are no issues with resuming work, you should be fine.
Old October 3, 2010, 11:15 AM
Banned
F@H

use forceasm. not good if you have an unstable oc or such
Old October 3, 2010, 11:21 AM
MVP
F@H

I repeatedly get the 'core shutdown improperly' statement, whether I click on the 'X' or Control-C to close the console. It always restarts/resumes fine.

Now that I've got a GTX 460, I've been doing more GPU folding via the System Tray. It's more convenient to pause and the shorter folding time for GPU WUs is preferred; When CPU folding, I found I was getting a lot of the large WUs recently (15 -18 hours) instead of the preferred a medium WUs (6.5 hours). I liked the medium WUs for folding overnight for because of the heat and especially for cheaper hydro rates. Whenever I got a large WU I'd pause folding in the morning and resume later at night, so it would take 2 nights to fold.
Old October 3, 2010, 01:32 PM
MVP
F@H

I don`t know about CPU+GPU but I have a cpu only PII X4 965 at 3.6 and I get 5-6.5K ppd.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old October 3, 2010, 07:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeven View Post
I don`t know about CPU+GPU but I have a cpu only PII X4 965 at 3.6 and I get 5-6.5K ppd.
Really?! Holy... Well then, I have no idea what's the problem with my CPU then I tried re-installing it again with the same configs, but ended getting worse PPD than before

Any ideas as to what I could do to fix it? I'm clueless as to what could be the problem.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The fact that you're running two GPU clients could account for the decrease in PPD, especially if you happen to be using the -advmethods flag on the GPUs.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The video cards could be stealing cycles from the cpu; you could also try a program like Prifinity to set the priorities of the folding clients higher for your system.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 3, 2010, 09:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for your help, Zero and chriskwarren, but unfortunately I decided to cancel my endeavors in folding. After re-installing the SMP client and configuring it, my computer refused to turn off. I hadn't the slightest clue what may have changed, except the fact that I installed the F@H clients. After deleting them, lo and behold, my computer turns off again. It's odd, to say the least, but I don't think I'll be trying it out again for a while.