Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2010, 06:14 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, a lot has changed since the original post. I peter'd off on my PPD, due to projects and basicaly.. life just gets in the way.
At the time I was the only one over 100k - good to see other members stepping up production. Winter certainly helps.

We have regained 30th place, which is great to see. The outlook looks good - in 4 months we'll be banging on the doors to top 20, with nothing really able to pass us at the current PPD clip.

Personally, FFXIV has got in the way (see: Sept 22 onward) and my two main computers have not been folding. I run FFXIV on my main PC 24/7, which eats up any GPU resources.. and Bigadv can't run (wont meet final deadline) and running advmethods just isn't worth it. My second best PC is the wifes.. she plays FFXIV too, and not running any F@H on it.

I still have my three spaceheaters in the garage.. and my PPD should be around 100k - but I don't have the time to check on them, and they tend to get locked up or fail.. and it takes days for me to notice.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old November 24, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
Wow, a lot has changed since the original post. I peter'd off on my PPD, due to projects and basicaly.. life just gets in the way.
I can relate, when I have time to monitor my rigs all goes well. As soon as I go to work, (always out of town) my ppd slowly tanks. That's why I prefer gpu rigs, they seem to be more stable.
Old November 24, 2010, 08:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I can relate, when I have time to monitor my rigs all goes well. As soon as I go to work, (always out of town) my ppd slowly tanks. That's why I prefer gpu rigs, they seem to be more stable.
No sooner do I type the words, the wife phones me and says the power went out last night. The garage heater (gpu rig) is asking for a boot file. To compound the wifes confusion there is no keyboard on it so she has to unplug one from my other rig to take out there. Both my home rigs have been down all night.

At least she is willing to try & get the rigs up and running again.
Old November 24, 2010, 10:26 AM
MVP
F@H

If anything like that happens to my rigs, the first words out of my wife's mouth would be "Oh, they're not working anymore, let's throw them away."

My PPD is tanking because I sold off #2. I didn't want to but there's just no good space left to put the upgrades. There's also the problem of financing the upgrades which I can't do until I sell off #1.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches