Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2010, 12:35 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Thumbs up Just set up folding...

Hey all I just set up Folding on my main PC (I've folded before on my PS3, but decided to switch since my PS3 is old and the fan runs on it nonstop now) my question is, how do I tell if I have it all configured correctly? I set up a unique name (I think) and put in the forum team ID... how do I tell that it is working fine? It's in the system tray right now, and I can view the cluster or whatever. But how do I tell when I have a unit done or whatnot? Also, how do I know that I'm a member of the team now? Is there a way to check? Please let me know, thanks.

It's not the common man that's important at all. It's the uncommon man.
Old September 20, 2010, 04:05 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Hey! Welcome to the team.

Install this: How to set up HFM.NET and FahMon to monitor Folding@home progress. Now with videos.

It will show you the progress of the unit you are folding.

A day or so after folding your first unit, check out this site:
Hardware Canucks Forum Individual Users List - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

You should see your first points there. After you see your points, post in our 'welcome' thread and request a folding tag.

Chris
Fold for team #54196
Old September 20, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Welcome aboard the HWC folding team! Which folding client(s) are you using? Follow the links Chris posted and if you have questions be sure to ask!

Old September 20, 2010, 09:59 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Talking thanks

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I am setting up the HFM newest release right now. I can only think of one more question... is it possible to set up the GPU and CPU client on the same machine and run them at the same time? Just wondering... Thanks again!

Old September 20, 2010, 10:00 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Welcome aboard the HWC folding team! Which folding client(s) are you using? Follow the links Chris posted and if you have questions be sure to ask!

I believe I'm using the CPU client right now...

Old September 20, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinov View Post
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I am setting up the HFM newest release right now. I can only think of one more question... is it possible to set up the GPU and CPU client on the same machine and run them at the same time? Just wondering... Thanks again!
Absolutely, but you will have to adjust your process priorities to balance the cpu & gpu clients. When you run both together they will try to steal ppd from each other. You usually have to run your gpu client process priority higher than your cpu in order to maximize ppd from both. For win7 I use process lasso but there are others.
Old September 20, 2010, 11:05 AM
Banned
F@H

looking good. when you have a bit more time, do clock the cpu to a nice 3.6-3.8 and run bigadv. massive gains points wise, although it does take longer so if its not on all the time, stay with smp.