Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Back folding soon...getting hitched :)

My PPD has taken a beating lately; this is primarily due to guests that have been staying here for the last month, who had to sleep in a small room where the folding rigs are...poor ventilation too, and we have set a temp record here in Ontario so the rigs had to come down so our guests can sleep. Windows bigadv hit me hard too, as I am down quite a bit of PPD on my i7s. Last time I fired up my GTX 470, I got some EUEs but never had time to figure out why. I think the rig was forcefully powered down by someone a few times, but who knows.

Getting ready to head off to Italy to get married. We leave tomorrow afternoon, and get married on the 20th in Sorrento. Sorrento is a popular hub for folks to see the Amalfi Coast, Island of Capri, and the once-buried city of Pompeii. I have been here twice, so I am looking forward to some R&R, and showing our friends who are coming to the wedding around a bit. Here is a picture of the place where we will be married:

Above is the wedding hall where we will be hitched, and below is a shot of the town, with the volcano Vesuvius in the background:

We will also be spending time in Rome, where I can put all that history I learned in university to good use. This is also my third time in Rome, so this time I will be spending more time exploring the various ruins and sites that are underground, as opposed to the stuff I have seen a few times already.

We get back to Ontario the end of July, then we head to our real home, Newfoundland, to party with our friends and relatives who could not make it to Italy. Some other friends from Ontario that could not make it to Italy, are joining us in Newfoundland. We timed our wedding and NF trip around the George Street Festival....here is a pic of what that will look like for the festival on the street for the weekend:

I highly suggest getting to NF at some point for the festival.

Sorry to bore you guys with this but we are pretty stoked and I figured I would share with the folks who have met us a few times. I'll be back folding in full force at the end of August after the trip is over, and I get some maintenance done on the rigs (and move one to the ATCS 840).

Fold-on folks and have a great summer!

Chris.

PS: I'll still find time for Perineum's and Sagath's moms....
Fold for team #54196
Old July 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
Banned
F@H

very nice maite. will never forget that city. they say you see napoli then can die lol.
Old July 14, 2010, 10:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Man, I'm jealous, I loved Sorrento. Loved the woodshops too. Enjoy the beaches man.
Old July 14, 2010, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

We need pics or it never happened!! ( and that goes for Perineum and Sagaths moms too )

Safe travels!
Old July 14, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

God, I miss the George St festival. What a blast. I agree that everyone should go and check it out once. Its insane. And my GOD! THE SEAFOOD!

Stupid Army making me leave :(

Bon Chance Chris! Tell wifey I say hello, and to try to keep you out of st with those spanish cuties!
Old July 14, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like a GREAT place to get hitched, have a GREAT time Chris, I hope the two of you have a FANTASTIC Wedding day and an even better vacation in Italy and in NF, don't forget a toast from the gang at HWC!
Try and post some pics of the nuptuals if possible when you get a chance.

All the best my friend

Old July 14, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

congrats Chriswarren your getting hitch ( i thought you were already ) marriage is great fun the ups the downs but all that really matters is you found someone who love's you enough to put up with your crap( maybe i am talking about myself ). A "so is life" have a great trip and i wish you and your new wife the best in marriage and on the trip, may life be grand for the two of you. so many weddings this summer wow just great. my best wishes and blessing in marriage and life
Old July 14, 2010, 12:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Congrats Chris!

I just hit my 3 year anniversary today and while most people make jokes about it, marriage is a pretty darn good thing. You have a life partner and a good friend.

Just a few tips:

1) Buy her flowers on anniversaries and her b-day
2) Never go to sleep angry (it works)
3) Always give her the benefit of the doubt, and make sure she reciprocates when possible
4) Don't sweat the small stuff, unless it's really really hot :)
5) Always have your own hobbies that are exclusively yours. It helps in the long-run and keeps you both from feeling suffocated

It sounds like you have a fabulous wedding, and great honeymoon planned, so all the best, stay safe and most of all, have fun and take lotsa f0t0s!

Good luck!

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old July 14, 2010, 12:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Congrats chris, and what you didn't invite anyone from the forums to your wedding? Are you shamed of us or do you think some people would make fools of themselves and ruin the wedding? heh
Old July 14, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Congrats chris, and what you didn't invite anyone from the forums to your wedding? Are you shamed of us or do you think some people would make fools of themselves and ruin the wedding? heh
Oh yeah, because we're a bunch of the most normal people around.

But anyways, congrats and best of luck. A generous man such as yourself deserves it.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...