Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I want to be back up there with you guys, once I'm done with my basement.

ST
Thankfully I just have trim left to do.......

The big problem now is summertime heat. I will attemt to cure that by swapping my gpus to GTX460s. (Don't tell my wife)
Old July 14, 2010, 04:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Thankfully I just have trim left to do.......

The big problem now is summertime heat. I will attemt to cure that by swapping my gpus to GTX460s. (Don't tell my wife)
I wish. This house was never wired with anything in the basement. It was as bare as bare could be. Not even an outlet to be found.

So i've had my work cut out for me. However that being said I will in time get myself back on track.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 14, 2010, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I wish. This house was never wired with anything in the basement. It was as bare as bare could be. Not even an outlet to be found.

ST
Luckily my neighbor is an electrician and a home theatre enthusiast. I was his "apprentice" and learned a lot about all that stuff. I drilled all the holes, ran all the wire, cable, cat 6 and he hooked it all up. I have about 8 power bars that I don't need now.
Old July 14, 2010, 05:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Luckily my neighbor is an electrician and a home theatre enthusiast. I was his "apprentice" and learned a lot about all that stuff. I drilled all the holes, ran all the wire, cable, cat 6 and he hooked it all up. I have about 8 power bars that I don't need now.
Yep, i've learned how to do electrical work from both my studies (knowing the theory and able to wire things theoretically and practically safe but piss off electricians) and from my dad (whose done all the electrical work, handywork, etc in all the houses we've lived in at his engineer 'perfection' way)
Old July 14, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My bill is around 200 a month, no idea how the hell it's that much, i only have 2 computers on, no heat & no AC.
Old July 14, 2010, 06:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
That always helps. My Father is an electrical engineer, among other degrees he holds. So I've learned quite a bit, its just the Two full time + 1 Part time job that eat up my home life to get this finished.

Soon, very soon.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old July 14, 2010, 07:00 PM
Banned
F@H

oy st you got no electricity whatsoever down in the dungeon? tell me its cool in there, at least.
Old July 14, 2010, 07:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
oy st you got no electricity whatsoever down in the dungeon? tell me its cool in there, at least.
Nothing but a big Breaker Box with all the mains running up and around.

Lots of Space in there though for me.

As for the Basement, its perfect. Its damn cold down there, bout 13 I'd say give or take. Not one window, and a lot of insulation.

ST

Old July 14, 2010, 07:22 PM
Banned
F@H

good god. 13 celsius in the middle of summer? pefect hosting ground. or folding!
Old July 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Since I've started hardcore folding, my hydro bill has increased by almost 70 bucks a month, and Manitoba hydro is among the cheapest in the country.