Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2010, 07:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I will try this on the weekend.

I had a 3850 and 8800GS working on the same system.

Going back over 1.5 years, I do remember that I did not use the -forcegpu flag on the ATI client, and I remember using -gpu 0 for BOTH clients. But this was on XP, not Win7, so I'll try it again.

I will try it with the 5870 and a GTS 250 and see what I can find. I'll use the latest drivers.

< crossing fingers >

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old June 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I've got a 4890 and a 8800GTS 640MB in my system. The first thing I did was install the drivers and the PhysX mod here. Installed the NVIDIA drivers, then Physx files, ran the mod, created the monitor attached to the NVIDIA card, although I have no dummy plug on it, nor is it extended desktop.
Quote:
* RECOMMENDED FRESH INSTALLATION STEPS (Windows 7):
1. Install the needed GeForce driver package. Update PhysX System Software package if needed.
2. Use the mod to patch all needed files and registry values automatically.
3. Create one fake display assigned to NVIDIA GPU and do not extend it.
4. Open NVIDIA Control Panel and enable PhysX hardware acceleration.
5. Do not run any PhysX application and reboot your system.
It did take me a couple of tries to get it installed right. I had those errors too until I removed the -gpu flag. That's one quirk I notice in this system... Using TPU's GPUTool it reports my two video cards in reverse. It reports the stats of the AMD as the NVIDIA card and vice versa. I think that has something to do with why the GPU flag didn't work, because it's looking in the wrong place for it? But I had those EUE errors just the same, until I removed that and just left the forcegpu flags.

And to headsh0t yes, I've folded with both simultaneously, and also with just the 8800gts while I was playing games with the 4890. I installed the gpu client, then copied it to a 2nd folder and changed the settings for the nvidia card. I also copied the appdata/roaming/folding@home-gpu to a 2nd folder as well.

Hope that can help.
Old June 24, 2010, 09:16 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygard View Post
I've got a 4890 and a 8800GTS 640MB in my system. The first thing I did was install the drivers and the PhysX mod here. Installed the NVIDIA drivers, then Physx files, ran the mod, created the monitor attached to the NVIDIA card, although I have no dummy plug on it, nor is it extended desktop.
It did take me a couple of tries to get it installed right. I had those errors too until I removed the -gpu flag. That's one quirk I notice in this system... Using TPU's GPUTool it reports my two video cards in reverse. It reports the stats of the AMD as the NVIDIA card and vice versa. I think that has something to do with why the GPU flag didn't work, because it's looking in the wrong place for it? But I had those EUE errors just the same, until I removed that and just left the forcegpu flags.

And to headsh0t yes, I've folded with both simultaneously, and also with just the 8800gts while I was playing games with the 4890. I installed the gpu client, then copied it to a 2nd folder and changed the settings for the nvidia card. I also copied the appdata/roaming/folding@home-gpu to a 2nd folder as well.

Hope that can help.
It works. At least so far. But I have a temporary display plugged in to the 8800GTS. Will try to attempt w/ just the fake display here soon.

EDIT: Just tried it w/o the CRT plugged in to the 8800GTS w/ just the fake display setup. It did not work.

Last edited by lowfat; June 24, 2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old July 20, 2010, 08:54 PM

My System Specs

Installed a GTX285 2GB tonight and low and behold it works w/o having a dongle attached.
Although I did enable a virtual display. Going to test now to see if I can get away w/ not doing this.
Old July 20, 2010, 09:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Apparently, dummy plugs are no longer necessary with the latest drivers. I haven't tried it yet myself.
Old July 20, 2010, 09:37 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Apparently, dummy plugs are no longer necessary with the latest drivers. I haven't tried it yet myself.
Well I couldn't use the most recent drivers since the PhysX mod requires older drivers. I am using the 197.45's.