Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2010, 12:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default P6013 work units

Keep getting these on my Q9400...111 PPD... WTF! way too slow to complete these by the deadline (over 3 days to complete). Anybody else getting these... any way to stop from getting them. Using SMP2 -smp -advmethods. I normally get 8-9K PPD on my Q9400
Old June 16, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good grief, what is the point of doing these?
Old June 16, 2010, 01:47 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

6013 is one of the early A3 units, and I have never had any problems with them. Are you sure that your CPU is being fully used? Has this happened with multiple units? You could try deleting your queue.dat file and grabbing something else.
Old June 16, 2010, 01:54 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

I just set up the SMP client in tandem with the GPU client on 3 of my rigs. Where do I find the deadline for the SMP work unit?

Tks
Old June 16, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130AVN View Post
I just set up the SMP client in tandem with the GPU client on 3 of my rigs. Where do I find the deadline for the SMP work unit?

Tks
FahMon and HFM can show you when the deadlines are. HFM is the best at the moment since it shows the bonus and is the most up to date.

@boggtrotter59. I get the correct amount of PPD. Have you reset the computer and reset the folding client?
Old June 16, 2010, 02:02 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130AVN View Post

Tks
Look it up here: Folding@Home Projects Summary
Old June 16, 2010, 02:02 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Make sure your HFM is updated. May not be calculating the bonus factor properly. What is the TPF?
Fold for team #54196
Old June 16, 2010, 04:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
6013 is one of the early A3 units, and I have never had any problems with them. Are you sure that your CPU is being fully used? Has this happened with multiple units? You could try deleting your queue.dat file and grabbing something else.
All cores are being utilized. It only happens with the P6013 wu's... Other wu's give normal PPD and completion times

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
FahMon and HFM can show you when the deadlines are. HFM is the best at the moment since it shows the bonus and is the most up to date.

@boggtrotter59. I get the correct amount of PPD. Have you reset the computer and reset the folding client?
I tried rebooting and restarting the smp... same low PPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Make sure your HFM is updated. May not be calculating the bonus factor properly. What is the TPF?
I'll try updating the HFM... but I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest. TPF is around 48 minutes. I don't think HFM is misreporting the PPD as I let the first 2 or 3 P6013 wu's finish. It did indeed take 2-3 days to finish them, I then noticed I wasn't even meeting the deadlines so I ditched the last couple... keep getting them though. Maybe I'll try reinstalling the client as well...
Old June 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
I'll try updating the HFM... but I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest. TPF is around 48 minutes. I don't think HFM is misreporting the PPD as I let the first 2 or 3 P6013 wu's finish. It did indeed take 2-3 days to finish them, I then noticed I wasn't even meeting the deadlines so I ditched the last couple... keep getting them though. Maybe I'll try reinstalling the client as well...
Ok I think you got a bad WU if your TPF is 48 minutes. Post the log over at Folding Forums before you delete the WU and get a new one.
Old June 16, 2010, 11:10 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Tks Folks!