Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
hmm yea that's a good point, worst case scenario the principle would read over the letter of proposal and just bluntly say that it's not possible. TDSB is quite poor, they're spending money on useless stuff and not spending enough on others. I bet some Dell sales rep just told them that they 'needed' these computers and made it sound so good. The monitors are 16" or something (just a tad smaller than 17"), and are running at the wrong resolution because everything is blurry. We got these computers last year, just before e8400 became 'meh' but still when it was $200. That's where tax money goes.

I'm going to wait for the principle's response before trying anything else. We do our own reimaging stuff, our students basically maintain our school except for the washrooms and the infrastructure lol. On literacy test day, every other school had the 2nd half of the day off. We were still going for the 2nd half. Our school is kinda weird, in a good way I guess...
I'm going to guess they're LCD monitors?

With running SMP as a service in Windows XP, it'll auto start when you start the computer and shut down when you shut down the computer. Never lost a WU. This is from past experience.
Old June 4, 2010, 07:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Great idea!
BTW, what's TDSB?
Old June 5, 2010, 02:56 AM
Top Prospect

my guess is Toronto district school board
Old June 5, 2010, 07:15 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I'm going to guess they're LCD monitors?

With running SMP as a service in Windows XP, it'll auto start when you start the computer and shut down when you shut down the computer. Never lost a WU. This is from past experience.
The computers shut down during the weekend and all holidays, turning them off during closing hours has a much higher priority than any folding going on. That's why I want to batch run a -oneunit flag on all the computers each friday... though I'm not sure exactly how to do it. We're giving the proposal letter to the principle on monday, could be a while before we get a response... hang in there everyone :)
Old June 5, 2010, 09:01 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
The computers shut down during the weekend and all holidays, turning them off during closing hours has a much higher priority than any folding going on. That's why I want to batch run a -oneunit flag on all the computers each friday... though I'm not sure exactly how to do it. We're giving the proposal letter to the principle on monday, could be a while before we get a response... hang in there everyone :)
I don't see any need to use the -oneunit flag. When you shut down the PCs, F@H will simply pause its work until they are started again.