Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

To use both of your cores, I believe you will need to disable Crossfire. You must use the -gpu 0 and -gpu 1 flags for the first and second clients respectively.
Old June 1, 2010, 07:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

For me whenever I've disabled Crossfire, the second GPU always receive a "Core Client Communications Error 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF" unless I had a secondary monitor connection and/or dummy plug connected. This was the case with all Windows O/Ses not just Win7/Vista.

But the part about -gpu 0 and -gpu 1 is correct and required. I don't believe the client can spread the load over both GPUs, though I haven't tried dual-GPU ATI folding in some time.

Shredder there is a measure of instability in the console ATI client. I've had the same thing happen with ATI clients in the past using this "dos box" version, where I hit CTRL-C, received some sort of popup box with an error, and all of the WU was lost. Not fun.

Better to use the SysTray client with the proper parameters set (ie. -gpu 0 and -gpu 1) and just pause it when you want to stop it.

You may also want to check out this Folding Forum post regarding environment variables that need to be entered to reduce physical CPU Core usage.

Folding Forum • View topic - ATI v1.24 Core available

Also, make sure to rename the AMDCALxx.dll or ATICALxx.dll files in the Folding Clients working directory to use the latest CAL drivers in the ATI Catalyst driver set, vs. the outdated ones with the folding client.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old June 2, 2010, 07:47 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Update

The use of the -forceasm argument seems to have allowed the second gpu to run full throttle. Thanks for all the pointers folks my ppd is already climbing.
Old June 2, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I pause them if I am using the systray client.

Crtl-C as zero mentioned should shut down the console in an orderly fashion. Something must be up if you are losing work.
+1

I used to shut it down by pressing X or shutting down the computer in the morning.

Is there a way to make Windows 7 shutdown by pressing the power button while at the log in page? I used to do it by pressing the power button in Windows XP, but this doesn't work in Windows 7.

I would advise you to stay away from the systray client. Full of bugs and instability when using the viewer.
Old June 2, 2010, 08:15 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I would advise you to stay away from the systray client. Full of bugs and instability when using the viewer.
As long as you don't use the viewer, the systray client is a fair amount easier to configure and manage than the console version.