Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2010, 10:53 AM
MVP
F@H

Default Problem uploading WU - how to force upload

After the CC ended, I've got into the practice of doing a single WU overnight.

Win 7 with the command version of F@H
properties: -smp -advmethods -oneunit

Usually it works fine. I check the computer in the morning, click on the button from the "message box asking to upload" and it connects and uploads as expected and I'm done.

However, I've had 2 occasions where the "message box" to upload doesn't appear, so the WU doesn't upload. I waited several hours just to see if it was a server problems, etc, but nothing happened. So, to get it to upload, I have to close F@H and restart it - it then gives me the dialogue box to upload, but then also starts another download.

Is there some way to force the upload without downloading and starting another WU?
Old May 26, 2010, 08:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've always used it without the oneunit flag but I made it ask me before any connections are made.
It usually gives one box to ask for download and one for upload. Make sure you don't click both accidentaly, since they are both rather close to each other.
If it does not upload after 5min, I used to restart it and try again. Most of the time it worked.

Or since the Upload box did not appear, maybe there is something wrong with your client?
Old May 26, 2010, 10:21 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
Or since the Upload box did not appear, maybe there is something wrong with your client?
With the -oneunit flag, I always got the box to upload, like the one below. Except for two occasions - no idea why not. Even the log indicated it should have opened one - just that there was no message box to click on. The next WU I did this morning because I had to run FAH again to upload, worked as expected.

I was hoping there's a way to force the upload without having to restart FAH again without having to start another WU.

Quote:
[19:31:40] + Attempting to send results [May 26 19:31:40 UTC]
[19:31:40] - Presenting message box asking to network.
Attached Images

Old May 26, 2010, 10:32 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingCrow View Post
I was hoping there's a way to force the upload without having to restart FAH again without having to start another WU.
Unfortunately not.
Old May 27, 2010, 06:03 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

You can add a flag to the shortcut. Add" -send all ". Will exit the client after the upload is done.
Fold for team #54196