Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2010, 06:06 PM
jedi95's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Default

Version 3.25 released!

This release introduces a long-requested feature: PPD monitoring!

The PPD monitoring in the Tracker does calculate bonus points in realtime, just like HFM.NET. So the PPD shown for the SMP client is the real PPD you are getting. It also keeps benchmarks, just like FahMon and HFM.NET. To delete the benchmarks for a specific client, go to Client -> [client name] -> Delete WU Benchmarks.

There are many other new features that go with this, like showing the current PPD in the tray icon text, showing TPF + WU ETA + time to deadline + PRCG in the client details viewer, and showing PPD in the client stats viewer.

There are also some important bugfixes in this release that correct problems in 3.15.

EDIT: updated to 3.25 with some bugfixes and other minor changes

Last edited by jedi95; October 13, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old October 21, 2010, 04:57 PM
jedi95's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Default

Version 3.30 released!

Version 3.30 is a major revision to the Tracker. Most of the focus has been on making setting up the Tracker a better experience. The two changes focused on this are the addition of a FAH client download monitoring window, and automatic Nvidia GPU detection and client setup. The download monitoring window also adds the ability to stop the FAH client downloads before they complete without exiting the Tracker. GPU detection is done through CUDA, so there is no support for ATI GPUs at this time. I plan to add that later through OpenCL once the new ATI core comes out.

This release of the tracker also adds the ability to upload the status XML file to an FTP server. This was added at the request of another developer working on a smartphone app that will use this information to display the status.

3.30 also includes tons of bugfixes covering a wide variety of problems. The worst problems would occur when the name or team contains invalid characters. For example, if your folding name contained a space the Tracker would enter a client reconfig loop.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old October 21, 2010, 05:30 PM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,502

My System Specs

Default

I'm going to give this a spin later tonight. The new revision looks very good, and I absolutly LOVE the ability to track every units separate TPF/PPD/etc.

I'll post back my personal thoughts on the latest build if you're okay with some constructive criticism jedi95? Both good and bad of course, and impartially laid out to only further your builds down the road.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old October 21, 2010, 05:32 PM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,403

My System Specs

Default

Thanks Jedi good work. Let us know Saggy what you think of it.
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2010, 07:26 AM
Dead Things's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Centre of the Universe
Posts: 1,572

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I'll post back my personal thoughts on the latest build if you're okay with some constructive criticism jedi95?
I'm looking forward to this. No pressure Sagath.

*pressurepressurepressure*
__________________
Follow my folding, mining & benching shenanigans @dt_oc!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2010, 08:21 AM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,502

My System Specs

Default

I really like it. Ive only had it running a day so far, but its replaced HFM.net for me so far. Why? Because it does everything plus more;

I dont have to launch individual folding clients, I launch GPU tracker, select what I want to do (SMP, GPU0, GPU1 start, stop, pause, etc) and away I go.
I dont have 3 tray icons, I have this one, thats it.
I set one config, including all flags/specialties and it sets all my F@H Clients automatically. This is GREAT for first time folders.

It did take me about 30 min to figure out how to see the FAHlog.txt however (you click on the main screen client name). It wasnt very clear, but I figured it out.

My only suggestions are I would like to see TPF on the main page without clicking anything. PPD is great to see, so is '%', but to me personally, TPF is more important. And the 2nd one is that if you already have flags set on existing clients, the monitor doesnt override them. For example, I had two .EXEs for my SMP client for ( -bigadv -oneuint ) and regulars that constantly loop, when I got up this morning, my SMP client wasnt running and I didnt know why, until I noticed in the log that the "bigadv" flag checkbox I set via the monitors configuration also applied a -oneunit flag within the tracker, even though I unchecked the "oneunit" box in the config...So my only reasoning for this is that it doesnt override manual changes to properties flags?

I hope I'm making this clear for feedback Jedi95. Let me know if you want me to run some further tests to help you with feedback.

Beyond those minor issues, I'm really enjoying the program though, and again, I stress how easy it is for 'newbies' to set up F@H AND see stats on the fly with little to no setup walkthroughs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about

Last edited by Sagath; October 22, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Markham
Posts: 1,569

My System Specs

Default

I meant to post some additional feedback on this before, but I kinda forgot.

First time I used this it was pretty easy, just fire and forget. However, messing with machine IDs on non Tracker clients under your passkey seems to mess up the Tracker. The client will refuse to start and shut itself down and then the Tracker will try to fix it and start it up again, then fail, rinse and repeat. I've swapped back to standard clients for the F@H contest but I want to swap over to the Tracker afterwards. I've found that the GPU heat control feature is insanely helpful. I can keep my OC at 836/1672 and pump out 16-17k PPD on old advmethods WUs and still pump out 15-16k PPD on the original Fermi WUs without running into heat stability issues.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old October 24, 2010, 08:42 PM
jedi95's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I really like it. Ive only had it running a day so far, but its replaced HFM.net for me so far. Why? Because it does everything plus more;

I dont have to launch individual folding clients, I launch GPU tracker, select what I want to do (SMP, GPU0, GPU1 start, stop, pause, etc) and away I go.
I dont have 3 tray icons, I have this one, thats it.
I set one config, including all flags/specialties and it sets all my F@H Clients automatically. This is GREAT for first time folders.

It did take me about 30 min to figure out how to see the FAHlog.txt however (you click on the main screen client name). It wasnt very clear, but I figured it out.

My only suggestions are I would like to see TPF on the main page without clicking anything. PPD is great to see, so is '%', but to me personally, TPF is more important. And the 2nd one is that if you already have flags set on existing clients, the monitor doesnt override them. For example, I had two .EXEs for my SMP client for ( -bigadv -oneuint ) and regulars that constantly loop, when I got up this morning, my SMP client wasnt running and I didnt know why, until I noticed in the log that the "bigadv" flag checkbox I set via the monitors configuration also applied a -oneunit flag within the tracker, even though I unchecked the "oneunit" box in the config...So my only reasoning for this is that it doesnt override manual changes to properties flags?

I hope I'm making this clear for feedback Jedi95. Let me know if you want me to run some further tests to help you with feedback.

Beyond those minor issues, I'm really enjoying the program though, and again, I stress how easy it is for 'newbies' to set up F@H AND see stats on the fly with little to no setup walkthroughs.
The Tracker directly launches the FAH clients, so the only way to add flags manually is by editing client.cfg. There is currently no way to remove flags other than the settings provided in the GUI.

The -oneunit behavior is completely normal.

Quote:
I get way too many questions regarding this setting and why all the clients run with -oneunit.

Alright, first it is necessary to understand how the Tracker deals with clients. All clients are given the -oneunit flag regardless of settings. The reason the clients keep running after completing a WU is that the Tracker restarts the clients after they exit. If you set the OneUnit option in the Tracker's config then it doesn't restart the client. This is what makes it possible to change this setting and have it take effect without restarting the clients. It is also critical to some of the Tracker's features, such as Heat Control.

In short, don't worry about the -oneunit flag on the clients, and just use the Tracker's option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I meant to post some additional feedback on this before, but I kinda forgot.

First time I used this it was pretty easy, just fire and forget. However, messing with machine IDs on non Tracker clients under your passkey seems to mess up the Tracker. The client will refuse to start and shut itself down and then the Tracker will try to fix it and start it up again, then fail, rinse and repeat. I've swapped back to standard clients for the F@H contest but I want to swap over to the Tracker afterwards. I've found that the GPU heat control feature is insanely helpful. I can keep my OC at 836/1672 and pump out 16-17k PPD on old advmethods WUs and still pump out 15-16k PPD on the original Fermi WUs without running into heat stability issues.

The FAH clients used by the Tracker have the following machine IDs:

1 - CPU
2 - SMP
3 - GPU0
4 - GPU1
......
10 - GPU7

If you want to run other FAH clients not controlled through the Tracker then just use machine IDs 11-16. There should be no problems as long as you run the standalone clients from any directory other than the Tracker's, and you set the machine IDs correctly.


Also, version 3.31 has been released to fix a few bugs.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old October 24, 2010, 08:54 PM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,502

My System Specs

Default

Ah, perfect. I get it and it makes sense. Thanks for the clarity Jedi.

The more I use this program the better it seems. It gets my A+ that is for sure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2010, 11:39 AM
jedi95's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Default

Version 3.32 has been released to fix several bugs.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start FAH, Stop FAH, Start FAH, FREEZE! frontier204 Troubleshooting 5 June 23, 2013 09:02 AM
Who wants an invite to the HDBits bittorrent tracker? (720p+ only content) S_G Off Topic 19 November 1, 2009 11:23 AM
fah and shaders _dangtx_ HardwareCanucks F@H Team 8 October 29, 2009 12:36 AM
Setting FAH martin_metal_88 HardwareCanucks F@H Team 6 September 28, 2009 08:16 PM
[WTB] Tracker IR 4 or 5 WolfBane Buy/Sell & Trade 3 September 8, 2009 10:35 PM