Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25, 2010, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Features 1 and 2 were what I was looking for/asking about.

I really like the idea of the heat control feature and was thinking it could have some really useful implementations.

Looks like a really promising software in the works.
Old May 25, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh shoot. So this actually replaces the clients for folding? I thought this was just a way to track GPU folding progress. If that's the case, I think a name change should be in order, especially since it can also handle SMP folding.

Lots of info over at EVGA for this program! FAH GPU Tracker V2

Last edited by geokilla; May 25, 2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old May 25, 2010, 09:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Oh shoot. So this actually replaces the clients for folding? I thought this was just a way to track GPU folding progress. If that's the case, I think a name change should be in order, especially since it can also handle SMP folding.

Lots of info over at EVGA for this program! FAH GPU Tracker V2
Yeah, the name is mostly leftover from the original FAH GPU Tracker. I created the original one to keep track of WUs complete and failed. I also used it to tell how many 511 point WUs I was getting. (these were horrible WUs, ran very hot and 30% less PPD). Most of the other features were added later, but I found it easier to add them to the Tracker rather than create an entirely new program.

I lost the code for the original Tracker awhile back, and when I re-created it I decided to keep the name due to my lack of creativity with names.
Old May 28, 2010, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would just like to post a big thanks to jedi95.

I'm totally new to folding and this client is the sole reason I actually got my GTX 470 to fold.
I was having problems with the GPU3 client, then I fired this program up and BOOM! 12kppd!

This program makes it so easy to control all of your folding from one spot, it still feels like it's in a beta stage, but that's to be expected of a program in the beta stage.
Old May 31, 2010, 01:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Version 2.8 BETA is out. This version will be the last beta version available for public download. Starting with this version only stable versions will be released publicly. This is to prevent a situation similar to the early 2.7x releases that had tons of bugs due to new features.

If you want to join the beta team to help with development and get access to beta versions you can apply on the FAH GPU Tracker V2 forums here:
Tracker Forums
Old June 15, 2010, 12:43 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Version 2.89 stable is out. This version adds a new client details viewer that shows more WU info and FAHlog.txt. It also uses a new method of running hidden clients that should resolve the issues caused by the old method.

Last edited by jedi95; June 19, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old June 19, 2010, 05:45 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Version 2.93 stable is out. This version changes how the Tracker sets up its files. The FAH clients are no longer included with the main Tracker download. Instead, they are downloaded from Stanford on the first run. Also, the ATI GPU Setup page has been removed. ATI DLLs are now automatically set-up according to OS.
Old June 27, 2010, 07:16 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Version 3.00 stable has been released. This version significantly improves the client download process and recovery from failed client downloads. It also adds an option to save window locations and save copies of FAHlog.txt for completed WUs.

Please note that my mirror site is down right now, and when it comes back up it will link to 2.93 stable until I am able to update it.
Old July 12, 2010, 02:10 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Version 3.08 released!

This release fixes various bugs and adds some new features. First, an option to run -bigadv for the SMP client has been added. Second, tooltips have been added to the config page to explain what the options do. Finally, there is the new update system. The new update system downloads all the update files in a single .zip file. This file is then MD5 verified before installing. The new system also supports direct updating to the latest version from any other version.
Old July 25, 2010, 11:56 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Version 3.10 Stable has been released!

This version fixes another problem with clients hanging, so that should be fixed now. This version is also designed to work with the new 6.30 SMP client that doesn't use MPI. There are a couple changes related to this:

1. The Tracker no longer checks if install.bat has been run
2. The MPI files are no longer included in the full download