Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2010, 05:14 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Stanford looking for Fermi testers

The following interesting post by Pande Group was seen over at the Folding Forums:
Quote:
Hi all,

I know there are many of you out there eagerly waiting for the Fermi-compatible GPU client and core so you can do some folding. While you're waiting, I have a request for you. I'll be presenting a study on GPU reliability in a couple weeks, but I've got a severe lack of data on Fermi-based boards. Though I have a couple of boards in the lab to test on, that's really not a very big sample size.

The proposition is simple: download MemtestG80 and run as much of it as you're willing over the next two weeks making sure to allow it to report results back to Stanford. Running more test iterations and a larger amount of memory is useful (to a point: if the amount of memory is too large, you'll start seeing some tests report > 1 billion errors; that's a timeout), but I'll take whatever data I can get.

You won't get any Folding@home points for doing this, but you will have a grad student's gratitude - and the pride in knowing that your data will probably have the fastest turnaround time from submission to scientific presentation in FAH history...

Imran

* MemtestG80 can be downloaded here: Folding@home - DownloadUtils

PS - Feel free to pass this request on to your folding teammates

PPS - If you have a Tesla C2050/2070 and are interested in contributing, PM me. There are extra capabilities you have that can be helpful, but it takes a bit more work.
Seems the tester is not ready for prime time yet as it was built for a GTS 250, not Fermi, but should be ready shortly.

Looks like they are still working on Fermi, but its not 100% clear if this tester is related to GPU3 or not....
Fold for team #54196
Old May 6, 2010, 06:41 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

From what I hear they are trying to take full advantage of the massive memory bandwidth on current generation cards (HD 5000 series and Fermi) which bodes well for PPD scores.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
From what I hear they are trying to take full advantage of the massive memory bandwidth on current generation cards (HD 5000 series and Fermi) which bodes well for PPD scores.
That is very good to know, because a lot of G200 Series cards as well do have massive amounts of memory available to them too.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com