Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2010, 07:20 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Are you folding A3 WU on your Q6600? How's the GPU coming along? Same for your laptop. Watch the temps on your laptop!

As for the passkey, Folding@Home
You don't want to be getting the passkey from Stanford for the Chimp Challenge. You need to get it from us.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 2, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
You don't want to be getting the passkey from Stanford for the Chimp Challenge. You need to get it from us.
Woops. Forgot he was folding for the Chimp Challenge..
Old May 2, 2010, 07:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Are you folding A3 WU on your Q6600? How's the GPU coming along? Same for your laptop. Watch the temps on your laptop!

As for the passkey, Folding@Home
My GPU just finished one WU: 00:42 TPF / ~8000 PPD

my CPU client is running, but it is not showing up properly in HFM.NET... under user name it says "Client's user name does not match configured user name"

the SMP client running right now has all of the correct user name and team # info...but my log file does not match up with it?

EDIT: I had the wrong log folder i think...I fixed it (but the status bar is still yellow?).

How do I know if I am folding A3?

Last edited by Socrates_Johnston; May 2, 2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:46 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates_Johnston View Post
How do I know if I am folding A3?
Look under the Core column in HFM.NET. If you don't see the Core column, right-click on one of the other headings and check off Core.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Look under the Core column in HFM.NET. If you don't see the Core column, right-click on one of the other headings and check off Core.
it says: "GRO-A3"

good??

now to set up my PS3, and perhaps coax my little bro into letting me set up his rig for Wednesday too! (I could potentially have 2 x 8800gts folding along with his AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+) I doubt he will sacrifice precious WoW time for folding though

Last edited by Socrates_Johnston; May 2, 2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:52 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
it says: "GRO-A3"

good??
That's what you're looking for.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:03 PM
MVP

My System Specs

excellent. thank to everyone for helping me get up and running!

I am going to leave my rig on for the night and see how things are going tomorrow after work.

Side note: damn my video card was getting HOT! +80C! I turned the fan up to 100% though and now she's running at a cool 55C.

This run should also be a good test to see if my current OC is stable! (It passed Intel burn test and 2 hours on p95, but I never tried a 24-hour test).

I think I've caught the folding bug! tomorrow I am going to round up any spare parts and see if I can build a dedicated folding rig...I think all I need is a cheap mobo+processor, I have the rest

EDIT: quick new (old) build for chimp challenge

suggestions plz!

Last edited by Socrates_Johnston; May 2, 2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:37 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
excellent. thank to everyone for helping me get up and running!

I am going to leave my rig on for the night and see how things are going tomorrow after work.

Side note: damn my video card was getting HOT! +80C! I turned the fan up to 100% though and now she's running at a cool 55C.

This run should also be a good test to see if my current OC is stable! (It passed Intel burn test and 2 hours on p95, but I never tried a 24-hour test).

I think I've caught the folding bug! tomorrow I am going to round up any spare parts and see if I can build a dedicated folding rig...I think all I need is a cheap mobo+processor, I have the rest

EDIT: quick new (old) build for chimp challenge

suggestions plz!
I think you will find that Folding is one of the best stability tests around , it stresses parts of the CPU/GPU the other programs don't seem to.

Welcome to our Addiction...

Old May 2, 2010, 09:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you want to fold on your laptop, you had better take precautions against the heat...
1. Undervolting:The "Undervolting" Guide
2. Make sure ALL vents are clear of obstructions and have nice airflow.
a.Placing the laptop upside down with the lid closed is what I do. The ceiling fan provides the ventilation.
b.Use a laptop cooler.
c.Or you could place it on some support that uplifts it from the table, and use some discarded case fans to make ventilation under the laptop.

I used 1 and 2a and temperatures went down from 85C+ to around 65C while folding with the SMP client.
Hope this helps...