Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2010, 03:14 AM
Top Prospect

Default unable to send workunits. and fahmon problem.

has anyone else been having problems with the f@h servers, both the work and collection servers have given me errors all day. are they down again?

also recently for no reason that i know of, fahmon has suddenly stopped working for me.
when i start it, nothing pops up but the process will run, and continue to consume all my ram slowly!!!
currently im using fahspy as i have both but it has struck me as just weird.

i have fully uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing.
has anyone else ever had this problem before?
Old April 28, 2010, 05:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

I've been receiving/sending workunits normally...
Old April 28, 2010, 07:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

f@hmon isn't great, you must use HFM.

Also, i didn't have problem to send/receive new work !!
Old April 28, 2010, 07:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmosland View Post
has anyone else been having problems with the f@h servers, both the work and collection servers have given me errors all day. are they down again?

also recently for no reason that i know of, fahmon has suddenly stopped working for me.
when i start it, nothing pops up but the process will run, and continue to consume all my ram slowly!!!
currently im using fahspy as i have both but it has struck me as just weird.

i have fully uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing.
has anyone else ever had this problem before?
My rigs are running normally but I have noticed that the one I use fahmon on is wonky. It seems to lock up (fahmon) and I have to end it using the process window in task manager. I will switch to hfm.net.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

FAHmon is not my favorite tool. I had issues where I would load it up and BOOM, it would just die during the client update phase on start. I haven't had any issues since I switched to HFM.NET, and the nice thing is, that it calculates bonus points, as does FAHSpy.

Either one is better than FAHMon IMHO. HFM.NET allows you to import the clientstab.txt file from FAHmon so no extra configuration required.

On your other question, I have not had any issues this week receiving or sending any work units (GPU2, SMP2, BigAdv).

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old April 28, 2010, 08:44 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Stanford servers are fine. Restart your clients and check the connection on your end.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:50 AM
Top Prospect

bah,, alright. iv restarted the computer a few times since it started messing up. nothing is changed yet.. i'll check all me internet setting aswell. maybe nod32 is blocking it or maybe i need to now foward the connection with my router.

it just, i havent changed anything and it has been doing everything that it suppose to since day 1...until yesterday
weird.
Old April 28, 2010, 10:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmosland View Post
bah,, alright. iv restarted the computer a few times since it started messing up. nothing is changed yet.. i'll check all me internet setting aswell. maybe nod32 is blocking it or maybe i need to now foward the connection with my router.

it just, i havent changed anything and it has been doing everything that it suppose to since day 1...until yesterday
weird.
There have been some reports that NOD32 can interfere with folding. I think I saw it on WikiPedia fairly recently, so that might be what you want to track down.

Good luck!

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old April 28, 2010, 05:27 PM
Top Prospect

ok so update,,,
it finally sent them and do you know what i had to do?
NOTHING, i just turned them on and they both sent all the gathered projects from yesterday. so... i duno,, thats just odd.

back to fahmon, it wasnt my favorite program either but i find it bizarre what it's doing and how i cant actually open the program anymore.
Old April 28, 2010, 05:40 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have never observed that info on FahMon. I do suggest HFM.NET...take a look at our sticky that will show you how to set it up.

As for the WU issue, its a good idea to show the part of the F@H log file to check for the server address. You can post it here if it happens again and we can look at the F@H server logs as sometimes servers are down or busy.
Fold for team #54196