Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16, 2010, 04:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
We're trying to get as many people as possible to join up. Because of the NCIX forum structure being a little less flexible, it's a bit more challenging.

I'll be posting a CC instruction post to help anyone who's willing to ChimpFold. Of course you all now have the previous fence-sitter > Rison (!!!!!!!!!!) folding for you full time and he was a top tenner for us.

On second thought! That's all the help you get! folderthieves!
Yeah, I think your 175k PPD would be helpful here.

I agree, the NCIX forums are probably the worst forums I've ever been on, structure wise. I would rather be on a forum hosted on a free site with a free forum template with sh!tty neon colours.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 16, 2010, 06:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

What is only producing 870,000 ppd suppose to mean?

Pretty sure we are the smallest team attempting this, and just the fact of defeating a bigger one is very, VERY interesting
Old April 16, 2010, 06:25 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADay2Long View Post

Pretty sure we are the smallest team attempting this, and just the fact of defeating a bigger one is very, VERY interesting
The guys we are competing with have larger numbers of people.

I think the smaller team we have allows us to mobilize our folders better; many teams only get a 1/3rd of their team to commit, and I think we can get more than that!
Fold for team #54196
Old April 16, 2010, 06:27 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
This should be a Sticky in the Off Topic to let the masses now that we could use a hand, And as a reminder to people to let them know when it starts. Some new people might need a few days to work out the all the bugs to get the max ppd out of those i7's.
I stuck it here in the F@H forum (my first stuck thread). We have lots of stickies that might have to be pared down a bit, but this is def important enough to be stuck for sure.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 16, 2010, 08:00 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

As mentioned before I'm in. I'll need some help this weekend setting up my GTX 260 for folding. I don't think I'm getting the most out of it. Perhaps we could all get together on IRC to help folks maximize their rigs output. I could even host a Team Speak server if that would be better.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old April 16, 2010, 08:26 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADay2Long View Post

True, but Hardware Canucks is consistently near the top of "per active user PPD" for any teams that have more than 50 folders according to KaKaostats.com.

Only Overclockers.com within the CC are a tiny bit better, but they have six users producing 200K+ PPD while HardWareCanucks only has one that produces 100K+ PPD average, which is BoggTrotter59.

But yeah, we are gonna surprise someone methinks

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old April 16, 2010, 09:32 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
Perhaps we could all get together on IRC to help folks maximize their rigs output.
Everyone is always welcome in the IRC channel if they need folding help.
Old April 16, 2010, 09:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Goood Call and timing as well on the SMP Client Guide Zero.

I attempted a test run of one of my rigs but it got 3 WU done before it crapped out so I might do a full re-install of all the stuff on it and see if I can get it running.

This weekend will be me dusting off at least something to fold with. I am still a Rig Down for a bit, but we should have something from me soon.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 16, 2010, 12:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
But yeah, we are gonna surprise someone methinks
I agree... It totally depends on how many folders contribute to the challenge and with how much hardware. The top 20 PPD producers from the team that won last year (OCNChimpin @ overclock.net) don't outproduce us by that much... Their total PPD average as a team is however about 3.5 times what we put out. Part of their success last year can also be attributed to a contest they held...

Chimp Challenge Prizes (20 million milestone reached) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

The key here I believe is to get as many people onboard as we possibly can... We are a very tight knit group here and I think we can make a very good showing...

Let's do it guys Crank her UP!!!
Old April 16, 2010, 01:51 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yup and I know there are some contests for those guys again this year.
Fold for team #54196