Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2010, 06:55 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Ok, the password ( I assume ) was correctly copied and pasted but now it states that "Credentials for Beaver_
Gone_Bananas rejected connecting to (my login). Press any key to continue. The password was PM'd to me.
You need to input your Windows user name, not your folding user name. The guide specifically states this, and both DenisS and myself already pointed it out to you again. The password is your user account password, not the F@H passkey.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:28 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

How does one edit his username to Beavers_Gone_Bananas if he already had the SMP set up with a different name?
Old May 2, 2010, 12:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikemaul View Post
How does one edit his username to Beavers_Gone_Bananas if he already had the SMP set up with a different name?
  • Stop the FAH process (Control+C the client or stop the FAH service) or you may lose your work
  • Right click on your FAH shortcut
  • Select Properties
  • In the Target: field type in -config or -configonly* at the end of the line (leave a space between)
  • Click Apply
  • Click OK
  • Double Click the shortcut
  • Answer the questions
Fold for team #54196
Old May 2, 2010, 12:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
  • Stop the FAH process (Control+C the client or stop the FAH service) or you may lose your work
  • Select Properties
  • In the Target: field type in -config or -configonly* at the end of the line (leave a space between)
  • Click Apply
  • Click OK
  • Answer the questions
And take -config flag out after changeover.
Old May 2, 2010, 01:01 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
  • Select Properties
  • Click Apply
  • Click OK
  • Answer the questions

I finally got it.......thanks guys.....
Old May 2, 2010, 01:01 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
That's covered in the extra info section.
Old May 2, 2010, 01:05 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
That's covered in the extra info section.

Yeah I just found it there now. I would be nice to see an official GPU Client install guide from you Zero82z because I still don't know how to change my name wiht that client.
Old May 2, 2010, 01:15 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yeah I just found it there now. I would be nice to see an official GPU Client install guide from you Zero82z because I still don't know how to change my name wiht that client.
There's really nothing to installing the GPU client. If you are using the tray client, just right-click on it, go into Configure, and change the name. If you're using the console client, then do the same thing as you would for the SMP client.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:45 PM
MVP
F@H

I couldn't get it going either. (Running Win 7 64 bit) - see image "install.jpg" If I right clicked on 'install.bat' to run as administrator it didn't work.

What I noticed, my Command Window does not have "Administrator" on it but the tutorial example shows it with the prefix "Administrator"

What finally worked, was the second sentence in 4 a) from the tutorial:
"If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, open the Start menu and type cmd into the search box. Once cmd.exe pops up, right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Then follow the other steps above."

Then you see the Command Window open with the "Administrator" prefix. Then use the 'cd' command to change into the directory with the batch file.
Attached Images

Old May 3, 2010, 06:55 AM
Allstar

Quote:
I think you are getting the password and passkey mixed up.

You get this message I assume when you run install.bat..correct?

The password the is asked for at first is the credentials for your Windows login (that would be the password you use to log on your computer). The passkey is used after you run the fah program.

If I am incorrect or there is some confusion, could you please attach a screenshot where you are getting this error message (hit your PrtSc button on your keyboard, open Paint, paste, and crop everything out except the screen with the error messages).

I have attached where I think the issue is. In that screen you do not enter Beavers_Gone_Bananas , but your own computer login, the same one you use when you turn your computer on.

Under password, you enter your password for your computer. It is not the info that would have beens ent to you, as that is later in the guide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
You need to input your Windows user name, not your folding user name. The guide specifically states this, and both DenisS and myself already pointed it out to you again. The password is your user account password, not the F@H passkey.
Thanks for your suggestions guys but I do no use a Windows login. I pressed enter twice to coincide with a non-login account and it continues to reign in the same response of reject.

Maybe next time.

Thanks

CHEERS
Closed Thread