Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2010, 04:38 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

would it be possible to run the SMP client without having to put password on your computer?
Old April 28, 2010, 05:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisS View Post
would it be possible to run the SMP client without having to put password on your computer?
AFAIK you need the password to run the smp client. The regular cpu client does not require a password but the PPD is very low compared to the smp client.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:36 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisS View Post
No, it is not possible. You need an account with a password to install the MPI service. There are ways to set Windows up to automatically log into passworded accounts if that's your concern.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:02 AM
Allstar

Question Problem

Windows 7

Running CMD as admin.
Typed in CD:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@Home Windows SMP Client V1.01>install.bat

Asks for an account : Beavers_Gone_Bananas

This is what I don't get:

Type in Password and I cannot type or paste at all!

CHEERS
Old May 1, 2010, 06:03 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Windows 7

Running CMD as admin.
Typed in CD:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@Home Windows SMP Client V1.01>install.bat

Intall.bat is asking you for your windows account name (which should be there alredy, so just press enter) and password
Old May 1, 2010, 07:16 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

@Mark, I had the same problem. Just type in your password, making sure there are no typos, and then press enter and retype it to verify.

I had to do the same thing, and it works just fine. :D
Old May 1, 2010, 10:46 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Windows 7

Running CMD as admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
You should see a command prompt window, and it will ask for your Windows user account name.
As for the password, it does not display any characters, but it still registers your keypresses. Just type it in and press enter; you'll see after you've entered it correctly that it will work. I'll add a mention about that to the guide.
Old May 1, 2010, 01:46 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
As for the password, it does not display any characters, but it still registers your keypresses. Just type it in and press enter; you'll see after you've entered it correctly that it will work. I'll add a mention about that to the guide.
Ok, the password ( I assume ) was correctly copied and pasted but now it states that "Credentials for Beaver_
Gone_Bananas rejected connecting to (my login). Press any key to continue. The password was PM'd to me.

CHEERS
Old May 1, 2010, 01:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Ok, the password ( I assume ) was correctly copied and pasted but now it states that "Credentials for Beaver_
Gone_Bananas rejected connecting to (my login). Press any key to continue. The password was PM'd to me.
Just double check the passkey... and the username... Beavers_Gone_Bananas (note underscores)
Old May 1, 2010, 02:14 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Gone_Bananas rejected
connecting to (my login). Press any key to continue. The password was PM'd to me.
I think you are getting the password and passkey mixed up.

You get this message I assume when you run install.bat..correct?

The password the is asked for at first is the credentials for your Windows login (that would be the password you use to log on your computer). The passkey is used after you run the fah program.

If I am incorrect or there is some confusion, could you please attach a screenshot where you are getting this error message (hit your PrtSc button on your keyboard, open Paint, paste, and crop everything out except the screen with the error messages).

I have attached where I think the issue is. In that screen you do not enter Beavers_Gone_Bananas , but your own computer login, the same one you use when you turn your computer on.

Under password, you enter your password for your computer. It is not the info that would have beens ent to you, as that is later in the guide.
Attached Images

Fold for team #54196

Last edited by chrisk; May 1, 2010 at 02:21 PM.
Closed Thread