Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2010, 06:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmmm... For the a_3 core to be downloaded and installed properly, it seems you have to Run as Admin.... Or as stonee did, you can move the folder out of program files.
Old April 25, 2010, 07:12 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
Okay....
Thanks for the tip Zero. Anyway I wasn't getting any work for the DEINO client...
How do you remove an SMP client?
Uninstall DEINO>Delete the folder where you extracted ?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, uninstall through Programs and Features and delete the remaining files in the install directory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
Hmmm... For the a_3 core to be downloaded and installed properly, it seems you have to Run as Admin.... Or as stonee did, you can move the folder out of program files.
The client does require admin privileges to run properly.
Old April 26, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What would be considered normal ppd for a Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz?
Old April 26, 2010, 09:50 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Probably about 6-7k including the bonus.
Old April 26, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am well below that. 2500ppd as viewed by hfm....
Old April 26, 2010, 10:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I believe you have to do 10 SMP Cores folding with a Passkey in order to get the Bonus Points for early completion, with an 80% Success rate before the deadline.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 26, 2010, 10:25 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Tell me what unit you're working on, and post an excerpt of your log file so I can see the time per frame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I believe you have to do 10 SMP Cores folding with a Passkey in order to get the Bonus Points for early completion, with an 80% Success rate before the deadline.

ST
HFM has no way of knowing whether or not you qualify for the bonus. By default, it will assume that you will get the bonus regardless of your actual situation.
Old April 26, 2010, 10:44 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Is there anyway I can keep my core priority and affinity? When it finsihes a WU it goes back to idle(I could have sworn I set it to high in the cfg) and all 4 cores, and never does anything with the GPU2 client running like this though, even while sucking up 75% of my CPU time. Win7 (shortly) or Vista solutions req. (64bit)
Old April 26, 2010, 12:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Would you guys recommend folding with this program and a quad core (q9400) or a 4870 with the advanced program? Which one is more effective?
Old April 26, 2010, 12:59 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Is there anyway I can keep my core priority and affinity? When it finsihes a WU it goes back to idle(I could have sworn I set it to high in the cfg) and all 4 cores, and never does anything with the GPU2 client running like this though, even while sucking up 75% of my CPU time. Win7 (shortly) or Vista solutions req. (64bit)
To do that, you need to use a third-party application. I use Bill2's Process Manager. As for the GPU client, I have already suggested that you follow this guide to reduce your CPU usage (using a FLUSH_INTERVAL of 128): GUIDE: ATI Client - Lower CPU % + Raise PPD - [H]ard|Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
Would you guys recommend folding with this program and a quad core (q9400) or a 4870 with the advanced program? Which one is more effective?
Both. You will need to follow the link I gave earlier in this post to reduce the CPU usage of the ATI GPU client.
Closed Thread