Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2010, 08:19 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yep I addressed this in detail earlier today when asked.
Here is a link to the post:
The HWC Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread: Go Bananas!
Fold for team #54196
Old May 12, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Yep I addressed this in detail earlier today when asked.
Here is a link to the post:
The HWC Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread: Go Bananas!
I was looking for that! Couldn't find it so I posted up the image again.
Old May 12, 2010, 09:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
Ok thanks, that's one step. What would I type in to apply the oneunit flag to the current client that is running? I entered -oneunit but it doesn't work. I don't want to enter ./fah6 -bigadv -smp 8 -oneunit because I'm afraid that it may decide to DL a new unit?

Yes that's exactly what I'm asking lol :)
Here's the way I did it: On the top of the VMwplayer there is the options for File, VM, and Help. Go to VM>Power>reset. The player will restart and allow you to enter whatever flags you want from the last restore point. I just restarted mine at 55% adding the -oneunit flag.

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old May 12, 2010, 09:31 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
Here's the way I did it: On the top of the VMwplayer there is the options for File, VM, and Help. Go to VM>Power>reset. The player will restart and allow you to enter whatever flags you want from the last restore point. I just restarted mine at 55% adding the -oneunit flag.
you didn't loose your bigadv? I heard that resetting it would cause it to be lost... I can't use web config either because the address got flushed out by other info. Stuck between a rock and hard spot... maybe I'll sit by my PC for half an hour while it's at 99% and end it from task manager just as it says the results have been successfully submitted... sounds very ghetto but seems like the only option I have without risking loosing a WU =S
Old May 12, 2010, 09:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
you didn't loose your bigadv? I heard that resetting it would cause it to be lost... I can't use web config either because the address got flushed out by other info. Stuck between a rock and hard spot... maybe I'll sit by my PC for half an hour while it's at 99% and end it from task manager just as it says the results have been successfully submitted... sounds very ghetto but seems like the only option I have without risking loosing a WU =S
Nope, it's at 57% now and still chugging along

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old May 12, 2010, 10:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

Yup i did that before as well. Just suspended it and it restarted at the % it stopped, reset it and the same thing, but ive also lost some by doing it.

My guess is its a hit or a miss, there must be a way to find out how to resume them.

Old May 13, 2010, 07:08 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've just gone into the VM and hit CTRL-C to stop the client, waited a few minutes and then restarted it with the -oneunit flag.

Haven't had an issue with losing a work unit that way.

I switched back my 3.9Ghz machine (now at 4.1Ghz) to Bigadv because it's gonna finish in less than two days, so it should hit under the time period for us to be done. I have two more coming today (hopefully), and two other boxes that are doing SMP2 right now...

I found out why my BigAdv machine was getting all A3s though. Apparently, if you get an A3 due to some assignment server issues recently, it will continue to get A3s for that particular machine ID.

This shouldn't happen because, as 7im, the horny self-loving folding forum guy said "The Bigadv flag takes precedence over -advmethods". I then found another post by a user P5-133XL where he mentioned you need to change the machine ID if that particular Machine ID has been receiving A3 SMP units, even if you've deleted the FahCore_A3.exe core file, work directory and queue.dat file.

So what I did was restarted the BigAdv VM with the -oneunit flag to finish the A3. I then removed the queue.dat, work directory, and FahCore_A3.exe file. I then restarted the BigAdv client with the -config flag by typing

./fah6 -config

Once this started I went into Advanced options by hitting return 5 or 6 times and answered "yes" to changing Advanced options, and then changed the Machine ID to 2, and it then went and got a BigAdv unit.

Hopefully they won't have assignment server issues like this in the near future. How nice this happened during the CC.

Go Beavers!

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old May 13, 2010, 07:40 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Nice work 10e! I was over on the Folding Forums last night and there were 5-6 'assignment server' threads and useful info was hard to find.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 13, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gonna drop bigwu bomb in about 7 hours. Should I switch to one unit as the next bigwu might not make it? (tpf 33 mins) Can you confirm that I will not lose this bigwu @ 87% by reconfiguring now? *chews nervously on fingernails*
Old May 13, 2010, 08:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Gonna drop bigwu bomb in about 7 hours. Should I switch to one unit as the next bigwu might not make it? (tpf 33 mins) Can you confirm that I will not lose this bigwu @ 87% by reconfiguring now? *chews nervously on fingernails*
There is no guarantee but you may want to suspend the VM, back it up, then re-start it and hit CTRL-C on the client. This should mitigate any issues with client re-start failures.

Update: See my post below about how to back it up if you aren't sure.

Good luck Stoanee

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732

Last edited by 10e; May 13, 2010 at 01:40 PM.