Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2010, 09:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Should we switch over user names and start folding a couple days before the start of the challenge... Doesn't it take a few days for the stats to come in... I noticed OCNChimpin has already started.
That's what I'm thinking, hit the ground running.
Old April 15, 2010, 10:28 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm in with around 10K PPD. I might need some help with changing my folding name though. I'll do some diggin to get it set up right though.
Old April 16, 2010, 03:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So is the hockey chimp our official contest avatar or do we have someone who can design us one?
Old April 16, 2010, 04:29 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
That's what I'm thinking, hit the ground running.
Once the bonus gets settled in with Beavers then we'll start sending out passkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikemaul View Post
I'm in with around 10K PPD. I might need some help with changing my folding name though. I'll do some diggin to get it set up right though.
Wicked! You will need the passkey, which will be PMed to you. Lots of help here on changing the username, and its different for the GPU client, Smp2 etc so you would just have to let us know what you are using when the time comes to switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
So is the hockey chimp our official contest avatar or do we have someone who can design us one?

I have no skills. I think some folks are up to things behind the scenes.

But yeah, this hockey chimp rocks!
Fold for team #54196
Old April 16, 2010, 06:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

Maybe a modified Beaver holding a banana instead of toothpick? I would for sure love to receive a mention that we have participated in this sure to be EPIC race/battle of the folders from HWC.

I am so pumped for this! I see it as we are bringing a modified Civic to the starting line-up to race against some Ferraris, Lambos, pure American muscle cars and what not. We'll just have to be aggressive in the corners, try not to lose to much ground in the long straights and do some nice and timely pit stops to reduce the time we are not racing.

Gentlemen, start your heaters!

Me = puuuuumped!
Old April 16, 2010, 06:31 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADay2Long View Post
Maybe a modified Beaver holding a banana instead of toothpick? I would for sure love to receive a mention that we have participated in this sure to be EPIC race/battle of the folders from HWC.

I am so pumped for this! I see it as we are bringing a modified Civic to the starting line-up to race against some Ferraris, Lambos, pure American muscle cars and what not. We'll just have to be aggressive in the corners, try not to lose to much ground in the long straights and do some nice and timely pit stops to reduce the time we are not racing.

Gentlemen, start your heaters!

Me = puuuuumped!
This is the enthusiasm we need!

Woot!
Fold for team #54196
Old April 16, 2010, 06:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

I'm just sad money won't start coming in until after the race has started, but I intend to add as much as I can, like I mentioned b4, due to our size compared to the others, I want to show' em how us Canucks stick together and beating even only 1 of them I'll be really satisfied!

Hell, thx to our folding captains for signing us up in this challenge in the first place, I think we show everyone how big our 'Cohones' are. <- here read "Des grosses burnes" aka, big manly things.
Old April 16, 2010, 12:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default One thing to keep in mind

Hey all,

I was just thinking, that for those who are committing i7 PCs running BigAdv folding, try and change them over a day or two early.

The reason I say this, is because we want to ensure that as soon as the challenge starts, we fold for Beavers_Gone_Bananas and not our normal user-based folding account.

So what I'd recommend is around May 1st, see if you can change the next work unit to have -oneunit flag, so when it's done, you can change it over to Beavers.... without disrupting what you've done previously. I'll see if there is a "best way" to do this, and post back here.

I'm committing 5 BigAdv folding rigs over my normal 3 fulltimers at this point in addition to the GPUs I have, with the slowest I7 running at 3.85Ghz. Basically my NCIX folding will be close to zero over the duration of the CCCCCCBGB

I can't match some of the big heavies from Overclockers.com and EVGA, but I'll be d*mned if I don't give it my 120%.

Dance Banana Dance. You go grrl.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732

Last edited by 10e; April 16, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old April 16, 2010, 01:03 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
Hey all,

I was just thinking, that for those who are committing i7 PCs running BigAdv folding, try and change them over a day or two early.

The reason I say this, is because we want to ensure that as soon as the challenge starts, we fold for Beavers_Gone_Bananas and not our normal user-based folding account.

So what I'd recommend is around May 1st, see if you can change the next work unit to have -oneunit flag, so when it's done, you can change it over to Beavers.... without disrupting what you've done previously. I'll see if there is a "best way" to do this, and post back here.

I'm committing 5 BigAdv folding rigs over my normal 3 fulltimers at this point in addition to the GPUs I have, with the slowest I7 running at 3.85Ghz. Basically my NCIX folding will be close to zero over the duration of the CCCCCCBGB

I can't match some of the big heavies from Overclockers.com and EVGA, but I'll be d*mned if I don't give it my 120%.

Dance Banana Dance. You go grrl.
I would further add that people try to time it so they upload -bigadv units right around the time the challenge starts.
Old April 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I would further add that people try to time it so they upload -bigadv units right around the time the challenge starts.
In discussing the rules, there has been talk it seems of people 'priming' bigadvs. It might not go over well, so i think it would be best just to set your bigadvs with the new user prior, and not worry about trying to time the submission for the exact moment of the contest open. If it does submit right after, OK but as a team I would not try this.
Fold for team #54196