Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 09:11 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

multiple clients on one card?

good to see someone put to work what i biched about :p

14k might be a bit too low tough. unless thats average and its not too bad as it can go 50%+ or better with 'better' wu's
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 09:23 PM
LCB001's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aylmer QC.
Posts: 1,774

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
multiple clients on one card?

good to see someone put to work what i biched about :p

14k might be a bit too low tough. unless thats average and its not too bad as it can go 50%+ or better with 'better' wu's
Indeed which WU's are being used can make a big difference.

Two clients on one card has been done before but only really worked with the FahCore_14 WU's (1888 and 472 pointers) due to their on/off, on/off use of resources.

If it's 14k using two 1888's that's not bad at all...
__________________
Folding For Team 54196

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 09:40 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
Speaking of folding and new video cards. Has anyone been able to get a 5000 series ATI card to fold yet?
5000-series cards have been folding since day 1 with the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I'll file this under interesting but not confirmed, but this guy over at Evga says he has two GPU clients running on a single 470, for a total of 14K PPD:
possible way to fold on gtx 400 card comming soon as i can verify is stable

Worth keeping an eye on.
2 clients on one card getting 14k PPD combined means a single client on the same card will probably do less (since some workunits won't scale very well up to 448 SPs).
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old April 12, 2010, 05:34 AM
10e's Avatar
10e 10e is offline
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 511

My System Specs

Default

The EVGA guys updated their post. One WU failed at 83%, but they didn't say which.

Some newer WUs seemingly have a high failure rate lately, which may contribute to this. Hopefully my card arrives Thursday as it's shipped from NCIX now.
__________________

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old April 12, 2010, 06:23 AM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,396

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
2 clients on one card getting 14k PPD combined means a single client on the same card will probably do less (since some workunits won't scale very well up to 448 SPs).
This scaling issue is something I have been thinking about since Fermi release. When these cards do get folding properly, I wonder how much use those extra shaders will be on the 480?
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old April 12, 2010, 06:25 AM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,396

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
The EVGA guys updated their post. One WU failed at 83%, but they didn't say which.

Some newer WUs seemingly have a high failure rate lately, which may contribute to this. Hopefully my card arrives Thursday as it's shipped from NCIX now.
I saw that post this am too ('scribed) but he mentioned a new fangled flag he had to use, and he also mentioned replacing the cudart.dll file to get some new Cuda functionality.

I would have to see a few more reports of it working before I get too excited.
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old April 13, 2010, 11:29 AM
dhoshaw's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
Speaking of folding and new video cards. Has anyone been able to get a 5000 series ATI card to fold yet?
I recently got a Sapphire 5850 Toxic that I fold on; only gets about 4500ppd.
__________________
Intel Q9550 @3.8 GHz
Sapphire 5850 Toxic
XFX 9800GX2
Xigmatek Dark Knight

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
2 x 2 GB Corsair XMS2 1066C5
2 x WD 640 GB Raid 0 + WD 1 TB
Haf 922 / Antec Signature 850
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old April 14, 2010, 03:29 PM
10e's Avatar
10e 10e is offline
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 511

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoshaw View Post
I recently got a Sapphire 5850 Toxic that I fold on; only gets about 4500ppd.
Yeah, my 5870 at 900mhz gets around 5000 PPD on the best WUs, which are those 384 pointers.

Very ho hum.

On another note. I go now to pick up my GTX 470 and watch some pr0n on it
__________________

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732

Last edited by 10e; April 14, 2010 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old April 14, 2010, 06:33 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoshaw View Post
I recently got a Sapphire 5850 Toxic that I fold on; only gets about 4500ppd.

how much power does it use? i bet a hell lot less than under 3dmark ;)





Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
Yeah, my 5870 at 900mhz gets around 5000 PPD on the best WUs, which are those 384 pointers.

Very ho hum.

On another note. I go now to pick up my GTX 470 and watch some pr0n on it

dont think youll have time to let it display that sh...ahh..unless you mean the naked protein folding..hehe,,funny guy
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old April 15, 2010, 12:57 AM
stoanee's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lacombe Alberta
Posts: 3,228

My System Specs

Default

Update on folding with Fermi!

FAH-Addict : News - Update on GTX4xx support
__________________
heatware
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koolance Releases GTX 470 & GTX 480 Full Coverage Waterblocks FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 7 April 9, 2010 07:34 PM
PNY Technologies Unveils GeForce GTX 470 & GTX 480 FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 3 March 29, 2010 03:15 PM
EVGA Announces GeForce GTX 480 & 470 Graphics Cards FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 0 March 29, 2010 11:02 AM
NVIDIA Clarifies Official GTX 480 and GTX 470 Launch Date matsta31 Press Releases & Tech News 76 March 9, 2010 01:07 AM
NVIDIA's Next-Gen Parts Get Named: GTX 480 & GTX 470 SKYMTL Press Releases & Tech News 67 March 6, 2010 08:23 PM