Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2010, 06:27 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADay2Long View Post
It seems that because of VMware when computer boots it stops at home screen and waits for me to select the only account of the computer ... mine. I uninstalled VMware, it would then boot straight into my desktop, I re-install VMware, it now stops at the welcome screen waiting for someone to click on the account name or press enter .... anyone knows how to get rid of this being stuck selecting the only account to log in?

start, type netplwiz, uncheck 'users must enter a username and password to use this computer.' Hit OK. Type your password. Hit ok.
Old April 8, 2010, 06:28 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Shutdown your folding image first. If you're using linuxrouter's build, navigate your browser to the folding image's web address and shut folding down from there.

There's also another way to shut it down. shutdown -h now is the command. Just type it into VMware console.

Btw version 1.2 is out.
But if you are away from your computer, lets say when the power goes out. Then what? Which is why a UPS is useless unless you have someone home to shut the client down manually.
Old April 8, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
But if you are away from your computer, lets say when the power goes out. Then what? Which is why a UPS is useless unless you have someone home to shut the client down manually.
Use the backup feature that's integrated into the build or run backup scripts.