Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

View Poll Results: Name of the HWC Team for the Chimp Challenge
DamBeavers 9 25.00%
LoonieBeavers 0 0%
Beavers_Gone_Bananas 16 44.44%
Chimps_EH 3 8.33%
chinookAPEs 0 0%
Dam Good Folding 7 19.44%
LoonieLemurs 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2010, 04:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
If you would like, I can write up a guide and you can sticky it. Let me know and I'll do it.
That would be perfect Zero. Thank you kindly,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 14, 2010, 09:50 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
That would be perfect Zero. Thank you kindly,

ST
This should suffice for now until I can be arsed to take some screenshots and write up instructions for the Linux client: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ion-guide.html

Keep in mind that "SMP2" has for all intents and purposes been rolled into the standard SMP client, so aside from putting in a passkey, the installation process is basically the same as setting up the Windows SMP client in the first place.

Also, I have a few suggestions about the stickies in this subforum:
HFM.NET should be added to this thread, and the link for Fahspy should be updated to its current homepage here: FahSpy - powerful monitoring tool for Folding@Home distributed computing

The Fahmon setup guide should also be replaced with a more general thread containing setup guides for all three monitoring programs. HFM.NET is pretty much the standard now that Fahmon has been made mostly obsolete, so a setup guide for that in particular would be very useful.

Using the Linux SMP client through VMWare is pointless now outside of -bigadv. I propose that the current VMWare thread be unstickied, and if someone wants to write up a -bigadv guide, that should be stickied in its place.

Last edited by Zero82z; April 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM.