Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

View Poll Results: Name of the HWC Team for the Chimp Challenge
DamBeavers 9 25.00%
LoonieBeavers 0 0%
Beavers_Gone_Bananas 16 44.44%
Chimps_EH 3 8.33%
chinookAPEs 0 0%
Dam Good Folding 7 19.44%
LoonieLemurs 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2010, 07:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I like Dam Good Folding
Old April 8, 2010, 08:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Chimp Challenge . What about "Those Crazy HWCanucks Beavers" or something thats HWC and Canadian related, If Canadians on other teams see that theirs a great Canadian team they might switch or at least come check us out.
I wonder if NCIX will enter or if we can get DeadThings to fire everything up for the cause, Warm up the DT search light out, we might need it. Team TPU maybe entering, We have to beat them. keep it up everyone
Old April 9, 2010, 12:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd definitely be up for swapping my clients over for the challenge, but wonder if it might be worth considering teaming up with other Canadian websites to counter the kind of PPD that teams in the top 10 put out on a normal day, let alone during a contest.

I'm sure if we decide to do this, I could probably come up with an extra 10K+ PPD over and above my current output. ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 9, 2010, 02:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Argh...wish I had another 2gigs of ram to do some bigadv folding and with my 4890 being a failing pos, dont think im gonna rack up any decent amount of points

Old April 9, 2010, 05:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

Well when we look at the top teams pooping some serious PPD, if you take their PPD and divide it by the number of active users they have we could be waaaaay up there also. Just look at NCIX having more than twice our active members but yet they only produce less than 400,000 points more then us.

I'm gonna start baking a fresh batch of cookies and see if we can get a couple other people to join us!
Old April 9, 2010, 09:14 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

As I mentioned to chris the other day on IRC, unlike most teams, the vast majority of HWC's points come from bigger folders who produce a lot of PPD. I think you have a good chance of convincing a large percentage of those top folders to switch over for the CC, and getting a larger proportion of HWC's regular folders to contribute compared to other teams.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm so out of action right now its not even funny.

But perhaps I will be back in the Game by the end of the month hopefully.

This sounds fun if we have all the details. I'd love to give it a go.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 9, 2010, 10:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
As I mentioned to chris the other day on IRC, unlike most teams, the vast majority of HWC's points come from bigger folders who produce a lot of PPD. I think you have a good chance of convincing a large percentage of those top folders to switch over for the CC, and getting a larger proportion of HWC's regular folders to contribute compared to other teams.
We need a name and for someone to do the 10 WUs with a passkey so it will be able to get the all important Bonuses that the BigAvg WUs give. Can we use Folding_for_pscout? Is their a Passkey for him? And if so, Can we move up the Starting May 14th , HWC's Tribute to Pete_Scout to May 1st- 15th giving people a few days to switch over their clients before the race starts. By May 4th-5th for the start of the race hopefully everyone will have their bugs worked out and be 100%.
This maybe a stupid question but do those of us that dont do the bigWUs with bonuses do we still have to put in the Passkey?
Old April 9, 2010, 11:16 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
This maybe a stupid question but do those of us that dont do the bigWUs with bonuses do we still have to put in the Passkey?
The passkey is needed only for the bonus points system used by the A2 -bigadv and A3 workunits. However, you should be running A3 units on your CPU with a passkey in order to get the best points output from it.
Old April 9, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I could fold 24/7 and start CPU folding, that would be an extra 8K I would think. Not that much.....