Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2010, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Have to drop some folding

Sup folding master! Few of you know that I have to drop some folding hardware for a few month. But I want all my hardware to stay in the team if possible so it wont hurt that much. Don't worry guy my CPU will remain in the game folding around 30 000 50 000ppd but my 2 video card GTX260 and GTS250 have to leave. That's why I post my BST thread heremaybe one of you will want more folding power

Folding card for 2X 5770 or 5850
Take these before some one in TPU do it!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old April 7, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well i am tired of watching my machine/vmmachine sit waiting for Standford. so i am out sorry guys no time or effort for folding
edit you think they would try to make this much better then it is so more people would be encouraged to fold but in the last week my machine spends most of it's time waiting to send or receive/ there severs adn ya i get there a lot of people doing well they can keep doing it good luck too team 54196
Old April 7, 2010, 01:13 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
well i am tired of watching my machine/vmmachine sit waiting for Standford. so i am out sorry guys no time or effort for folding
edit you think they would try to make this much better then it is so more people would be encouraged to fold but in the last week my machine spends most of it's time waiting to send or receive/ there severs adn ya i get there a lot of people doing well they can keep doing it good luck too team 54196
Did you ever try the instructions I gave you to set up the SMP client properly? I doubt that you would be waiting for work all the time with the client set up properly, considering I have not had any trouble getting work in a very long time.

Last edited by Zero82z; April 7, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old April 7, 2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

Try a "Remote Desktop" guys and see what is going on there.

I may not fold.....but I am a HUGE supporter of Cancer fighting causes. Sad to see so many people going away from folding.
Old April 7, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no but i don't have the time to set it up but i should be able to run smp clients on vmmachine's without them sitting for up to 24 hours.
edit remote desktop ya cause that's what i want someone form hwc in my computer nothing personal zero or any one else.
I normally disable that on my machines I still running the cpu smp on my main cpu but i am not going to bother with running smp client in vmware because i was only doing it in there to help the numbers because i need some vr machine anywho the whole 2 birds 1 stone thing. but they don't work very well and not real into folding for a living ha ha

Last edited by gingerbee; April 7, 2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old April 7, 2010, 02:55 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Well, if you're not even willing to give it a real shot, at least don't complain. I have to say that it's a bit irritating that I went through the trouble to write up step by step instructions only for you to not even bother trying it.
Old April 7, 2010, 02:59 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

dorp dorp dorp

Hehe, sorry, the typo just made me lol. Glad to still have you in some capacity. Every little bit counts! (Or so I keep telling myself)
Old April 7, 2010, 03:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sorry for but i made it very very clear when i started folding I am only trying to help and i do thank you if i have time later may set it up but i think i should be able to run a simple cpu client on a vmmachine. i ma not complaining but you'd think they would make this a little easier for people like me who only want to help i don't even want to learn the lingo so thank anywho but i think i will nip this in the bud thank all

and zero you did put in the vmware section so your good to help others too and maybe me later.

guys i am still folding just not in the vr machines is all thank you very much for all your help zero, and sorry if

the whole remote desktop thing was a little much but i would never let anyone remote desktop too my computer
Old April 7, 2010, 03:05 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Thanks for contributing gingerb!
Fold for team #54196