Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2007, 09:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Cannot retrieve work units

It seems like my laptop has suddenly decided to *explicit language* itself up somehow. It may have to do with when I used an ethernet hardline for the first time instead of wireless because Windows' Time and Date tool can no longer connect to the Internet to synchronize; looks like it somehow shuffled around the way Window's handles multiple connected networks and ended up messing up the way some programs work.

But is anyone else having problems connecting to the Folding@Home server to submit work recently?

Regards
Old October 28, 2007, 10:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
It seems like my laptop has suddenly decided to *explicit language* itself up somehow. It may have to do with when I used an ethernet hardline for the first time instead of wireless because Windows' Time and Date tool can no longer connect to the Internet to synchronize; looks like it somehow shuffled around the way Window's handles multiple connected networks and ended up messing up the way some programs work.

But is anyone else having problems connecting to the Folding@Home server to submit work recently?

Regards
me! I posted in my "how to fold with a quad" thread.
I just reinstalled the whole thing. Its working on a unit now, ill wait to see if it submits.
Im using the SMP client and xp 32

Old October 29, 2007, 07:56 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I had the same problem, I could complete units but the dam things wont submit so they sit on my hd and expire. I knew it was an issue with the install because I folded a wu on my vista os and it submitted fine. I found the only way to fix this was to completely remove SMP and reinstall. That includes deleting reg entries.

Stop smpd.exe in task manager, processes, may take several tries but make sure it has quit running, also be sure all cores have stopped running as well.

Quote:
Use add/remove programs to uninstall the SMP client.

restart, delete the SMP folder from the original location if it is still present.

then go into the registry and delete the pandegroup folders in two locations...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, PandeGroup.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER, SOFTWARE, PandeGroup.

Exit and restart.

Download the latest SMP client from Stanford install and try running it.