Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default First Folding casualty

One of my beloved 8800GT's bit the dust on Friday.... She ran really hot the whole time I had her folding (over 80 degrees). I redid the thermal paste about a week after I got her but this didn't seem to help. It was XFX alpha dog, the one's with the really small cooler. Card probably had issues when I got it as it was quite cheap... Gotta love those transferable warranties though... they will probably send me a better card... To cheer myself up I picked up another GTX 260... Yer days at the top are probably numbered...
Old March 21, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
One of my beloved 8800GT's bit the dust on Friday.... She ran really hot the whole time I had her folding (over 80 degrees). I redid the thermal paste about a week after I got her but this didn't seem to help. It was XFX alpha dog, the one's with the really small cooler. Card probably had issues when I got it as it was quite cheap... Gotta love those transferable warranties though... they will probably send me a better card... To cheer myself up I picked up another GTX 260... Yer days at the top are probably numbered...
You never know....
Old March 21, 2010, 04:37 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

God bless that little card!
Fold for team #54196
Old March 21, 2010, 05:03 PM
shaw

RIP Little one.
The Folding Graveyard
Old March 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
Banned
F@H

ah, it worked well till it could!!! arr!!!
Old April 18, 2010, 11:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

It lives again!!! Since I was trying to max out everything I got... I figured I'd give the card another try... Put her in a machine, boot screen would show but screen would go black as windows was loading... rebooted machine 3-4 times and was finally able to get into windows... screen however would go black after a couple minutes. I then tried flashing the bios on the card and voila! back to life... woohoo!!! another 4-5K for the challenge...
Old April 19, 2010, 02:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It lives again!!! Since I was trying to max out everything I got... I figured I'd give the card another try... Put her in a machine, boot screen would show but screen would go black as windows was loading... rebooted machine 3-4 times and was finally able to get into windows... screen however would go black after a couple minutes. I then tried flashing the bios on the card and voila! back to life... woohoo!!! another 4-5K for the challenge...
Thats awesome!! Weird how that happened.
Old April 19, 2010, 05:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Congrats, you just performed a miracle bringing something that was dead back to life again. Does that mean you have a zombie gpu?
Old April 19, 2010, 06:42 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Zombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fold for team #54196