Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Just wait 3-4 days as sometimes the stats take time to catch up. You could very well see yourself with 150K on EOC in a day or so.

Love the fact you are gunning for top PPD!!!! I owe you a beer the next time I head to Kingston. LCB001 you see this thread???? We are coming for you buddy....

Only question is can you stick it out? Takes a while to get tonnes of PPD.....
I plan on sticking it out as long as I can... If my wife doesn't kill me in my sleep... I'm good. She's none too happy with the last 2 hydro bills... Second WTF... do I do in the summer... I'm currently using 4 rigs to heat my garage. Pretty soon it's gonna be way too hot in there. Careful... LCB001 might be napping!
Old March 18, 2010, 08:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Did you give all of the cards a different machine ID? If it's a farm, each instance of the GPU client has to have it's own machine id.

Another issue with using monitoring programs for a direct apples to apples comparison with real points is the fact that you're probably using "last 3 TPF" for reporting.... if you're using your PC for other duties during the day that will not give you an accurate example of what your overall PPD will be.
Each card has a different machine ID on each machine, the client will give you an error and shut down if this isn't the case. 5 machines are dedicated folding rigs and get no other use, the other 3 are used fairly heavily in the evenings... Ya that makes sense, I normally only check all the machines when they are not in use. thanks

edit: oh ya... forgot it's March break, kid's have been home all week... probably much heavier use than normal.

Last edited by boggtrotter59; March 18, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old March 19, 2010, 08:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

One thing Everyone needs to Realize when Doing this is these Programs that Report the stats, FAHMON and FAHSPY etc don't calculate Averages.

In Order for you to know exactally what you are getting you need to calculate daily Averages for your Cards.

So even if your cards says 5.5kppd while working on a 353, if you suddenly get hit with 1888's for the rest of the day your card will actually only accomplish 4.2K.

Believe what EOC Stats is showing because thats actually what you are getting. What you see as predicted is best case scenerio on your cards.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 19, 2010, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
WTF... do I do in the summer... I'm currently using 4 rigs to heat my garage. Pretty soon it's gonna be way too hot in there.
Gonna move one out this summer also...............
Old March 19, 2010, 10:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
One thing Everyone needs to Realize when Doing this is these Programs that Report the stats, FAHMON and FAHSPY etc don't calculate Averages.

In Order for you to know exactally what you are getting you need to calculate daily Averages for your Cards.

So even if your cards says 5.5kppd while working on a 353, if you suddenly get hit with 1888's for the rest of the day your card will actually only accomplish 4.2K.

Believe what EOC Stats is showing because thats actually what you are getting. What you see as predicted is best case scenerio on your cards.

ST
Where do you get the data to calculate daily averages?
Old March 19, 2010, 10:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Where do you get the data to calculate daily averages?
Lots of Paitence its not like a program does it for you you have to figure out you have to record the data and then calculate the average yourself. Its what I did when I was testing some cards.

I.e.

1 353 WU = 4500ppd
1 1888 WU = 3300ppd
1 472 WU = 3800ppd

Average PPD on that card if it only completed 3 WU's for the day would be: 3866 PPD

So even though at times when Folding it predicts large amounts of PPD that is only true if that particular WU is all you get during the course of a Folding Day.
Hence why the actual Stats at EOC Tend to be more accurate vs what your Programs Predict you will get.

Also depending on when the Unit is Submitted depends entirely on which day your Production Average gets calculated.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com