Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Next F@H milestone is 400! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/2988-next-f-h-milestone-400-a.html)

3.0charlie October 21, 2007 06:41 PM

Next F@H milestone is 400!

... and my crystal ball tells me that it will be reached in 7 weeks. But lately, what's up with our production? It has dropped quite a lot.

Let's fold.

John

sswilson October 21, 2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 23346)
... and my crystal ball tells me that it will be reached in 7 weeks. But lately, what's up with our production? It has dropped quite a lot.

Let's fold.

John

I'm down a C2D for 3 months, and the second one will be off-line for at least a week starting tomorrow.

I'm also not sure if I'll be able to run it 24/7 once I'm up and running as I'm not sure how sensitive the ears of my roomie will be..... :)

Amon October 21, 2007 06:47 PM

My main PC is also down. But I don't think it made much of a difference anyway... Lately, Folding has only been running on my laptop.

pscout October 21, 2007 09:38 PM

I lost a couple of days out of a quad with my first ever bad stick of ocz memory (some 8500 stuff) ... fortunately a 2gb kit of some super talent 6400 from bilk1 arrived this week so it is back online now. Plus had a hung E6600 win smp wu for a day due to lack of monitoring ... but a power outage this morning (which didn't cost much) got me to spend the morning working on the farm so everything is green now.

And we seem to have lost Scratch lately?

Hopefully 4Door brings some more of his powah back to the party on top of his new ps3 :biggrin:

Fold on all :biggrin::thumb::bananafunky:

4DoorGTZ October 21, 2007 10:34 PM

I may bring my laptop's SMP client back on while I'm sleeping/working and am out of town, who cares what the hotel's power bill is? And the hotel room has A/C :) 18hrs/day, 22d/month =396hrs/month. I also converted my grandparents P4 1.8 from team 33 to 54196 tonight, its not good for lots of points but a few here and there. Unfortunatly the rig in my sig is too loud, power hungry and ambient temp increasing to run folding anymore.

Scratch October 21, 2007 10:49 PM

well I tried installing the VMware and was unable to get the VMware tools working and couldn't get the code to work in the Terminal application then reinstalled the SMP and somehow screwed that up so until I figure one or the other out I'm down on both rigs

pscout October 21, 2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratch (Post 23378)
well I tried installing the VMware and was unable to get the VMware tools working and couldn't get the code to work in the Terminal application then reinstalled the SMP and somehow screwed that up so until I figure one or the other out I'm down on both rigs

You don't need to install vmware tools to run the server. I run it like that on 7-8 rigs atm. I install the comlpete v 1.0.2 package but just ignore the warnings about the tools. V1.0.3 doesn't like to install on most of my mobos.

I have never bothered even trying it and can't see much i am missing. Once I set up the first vm, I just copy and rename it to make another. Only need to change the host names and static ip addresses ... avoid dhcp with smp.
Even the smp client gets cloned this way ... just delete any wu (work and queue.dat file) and delete the machinedependant.dat file from the cloned folding dir.

If you want some help with it post away .... Charlie3.0 is probably more of an expert on it than me by now. I don't pretend to be an expert since i just follow crib notes I made from what worked for me ... and i need to keep it simple.

Apollo4g October 22, 2007 12:10 AM

Well i have a Q6600 in my main pc and an E6600 on my C90S laptop.
If someone could tell me how to run 4 separate clients on my Q6600 that would help as i hardly use my desktop when im not home.
That SMP client, i need a login into windows right?
But will that clent utilize all 4 cores on my quad? becuase right now its only folding at 25% :sad:

belgolas October 22, 2007 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo4g (Post 23390)
Well i have a Q6600 in my main pc and an E6600 on my C90S laptop.
If someone could tell me how to run 4 separate clients on my Q6600 that would help as i hardly use my desktop when im not home.
That SMP client, i need a login into windows right?
But will that clent utilize all 4 cores on my quad? becuase right now its only folding at 25% :sad:

it will use all 4 cores and you need a password but you can disable the need to enter the password at login by run/control userpasswords2 and uncheck the box.

Apollo4g October 22, 2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgolas (Post 23391)
it will use all 4 cores and you need a password but you can disable the need to enter the password at login by run/control userpasswords2 and uncheck the box.

Thats great to hear, ill do it when i get home.
Sorry but what do you men by "run/control userpasswords2 and uncheck the box."
I cant really find where that is.
User accounts?