Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2010, 11:00 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

In the folder you run your client, type "./fah6 -smp 16" and see if all cores engage.

edit: haha I got massively ninja'd. Good to see you running.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 12, 2010, 11:10 AM
Banned
F@H

good lord its a folding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 12, 2010, 12:12 PM

My System Specs

I see you got it working so no need for me to answer your pm. Well it doesn't look like you are getting the bigadv workunits and your time per frame should be considerably higher.
Old March 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I see you got it working so no need for me to answer your pm. Well it doesn't look like you are getting the bigadv workunits and your time per frame should be considerably higher.
Yeah I guess I joined the team, and used the username whited. We will see whenever they update the list. I hope you don't mind an American on your team. I didn't even know this forum was Canadian until I saw all the maple leafs.

With the -bigadv I get a "Skipping unknown parameter message". I must have missed it the first time. I installed FahMon, but for some reason it doesn't like the directory I provide. I must be doing something wrong. I tried the root directory, the executable directory, and the work/log directory.

How much faster should the blocks be? I mean, are you calling this computer slow? What are you comparing it too?

It has a 16mb video card. Like I said before, GPUs are better at floating points than CPUs. Additionally, is f@h only 32 bit? if so that probably wastes alot of cycles.
Old March 12, 2010, 01:17 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whited View Post
Additionally, is f@h only 32 bit? if so that probably wastes alot of cycles.
The Linux SMP client is 64-bit only.
Old March 12, 2010, 01:21 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whited View Post
Yeah I guess I joined the team, and used the username whited. We will see whenever they update the list. I hope you don't mind an American on your team. I didn't even know this forum was Canadian until I saw all the maple leafs.

With the -bigadv I get a "Skipping unknown parameter message". I must have missed it the first time. I installed FahMon, but for some reason it doesn't like the directory I provide. I must be doing something wrong. I tried the root directory, the executable directory, and the work/log directory.

How much faster should the blocks be? I mean, are you calling this computer slow? What are you comparing it too?

It has a 16mb video card. Like I said before, GPUs are better at floating points than CPUs. Additionally, is f@h only 32 bit? if so that probably wastes alot of cycles.
What client did you download? Maybe bigadv isn't supported on the one you are trying. The bigadv should take 20-40 minutes to complete each frame and generally a few days to complete the whole work unit.
Old March 12, 2010, 02:08 PM
Top Prospect

linux 6.29

I am using advance methods, big packets, priority low, and assembly code
Old March 12, 2010, 02:44 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Have you completed 10 regular WUs first? You using a passkey?

You want to fulfill the two requirements I just listed before tackling bigadvs anyways or you won't get the bonus points.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 12, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

3 minutes per frame.... Is that a -bigadv WU? Looking at your log, I don't think it's a -bigadv WU. Overclocked Core i7 folding a -bigadv WU with 8 threads takes if I remember correctly, 20 minutes to complete a frame.

Either way, congratulations on your new rig! Great folding power for sure! Make sure you're eligible for the bonus though before you complete those WU.
Old March 12, 2010, 03:07 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
3 minutes per frame.... Is that a -bigadv WU? Looking at your log, I don't think it's a -bigadv WU. Overclocked Core i7 folding a -bigadv WU with 8 threads takes if I remember correctly, 20 minutes to complete a frame.

Either way, congratulations on your new rig! Great folding power for sure! Make sure you're eligible for the bonus though before you complete those WU.
It's more 30 mins per frames (at least on my Core I7 920 overclocked to 4 ghz....)

If you want bigadv, you must enable it of course with the -bigadv flag but don't enable advmethods.