Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2010, 05:57 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default A few questions about folding with SMP2

Hey guys, I may have almost two million points but I'm still a noob when it comes to folding. First question is: What must be deleted in the work folder when you have a bad WU? I don't have a bad one right now but what I do have is an A1 WU that will only finish after the deadline and I would like to get rid of it. I was away at work and the GF stopped the SMP2 client and now it won't finish on time. Second question is: How do I add flags to the client after the initial install of the client? I can't remember what ones were added with the initial install but I would like to know and I would also like to know how to add them.

That's all for now folks

Thanks in advance
Old March 1, 2010, 06:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

You can add flags after the install by adding them to the shortcut which starts the client, just add them to the end of the target. Flags present can be viewed in the console box near the top under arguments.
Old March 1, 2010, 06:16 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

1. To get rid of a bad WU, delete the contents of the "Work" folder, and delete the 'queue.dat' file (instead of deleting, you can cut those files and place somewhere else if you are afraid of breaking the client. If your core gets corrupted or similar, cut and paste the core exe as well).

2. To add the flags, put them in the "target" field of the shortcut. You can just use the "-smp" and "advmethods" flags. Similar to below:

Here is another example:
Fold for team #54196

Last edited by chrisk; March 1, 2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old March 1, 2010, 06:46 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Please do not delete the unit if you get an A1. Just fold it and next time you'll probably get an A3 unit. Remember, we fold for the science, not for the points, and deleting units that you don't like is bad for the science.
Old March 1, 2010, 07:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Please do not delete the unit if you get an A1. Just fold it and next time you'll probably get an A3 unit. Remember, we fold for the science, not for the points, and deleting units that you don't like is bad for the science.
I wasn't going to delete it just because it was an A1 I wanted to delete it because it was way past it's deadline but I've decided to let it finish anyways.

This post was made for an easy to find reference for myself when problems arise.
Old March 1, 2010, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Flags can also be used when you're in the command prompt window, under advanced,
Additional client parameters []?

Here you would put things like -smp -verbosity 9, etc
Old March 1, 2010, 07:40 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Flags can also be used when you're in the command prompt window, under advanced,
Additional client parameters []?

Here you would put things like -smp -verbosity 9, etc

sorry this is over my head......maybe I'm just tired but pictures would help.
Old March 2, 2010, 02:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikemaul View Post
sorry this is over my head......maybe I'm just tired but pictures would help.
The bottom part of the window is where you would add the flags. As you can see, I have -verbosity 9 there.
Attached Images

Old March 5, 2010, 03:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Is the -advmethods required to pull the smp2 WUs?

If not, then what are people pulling these days for WUs? I just started the smp client again and have pulled 3 a1 WUs in a row...

Edit: NVM.... set the -advmethods and pulled an a3 immediately..... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Last edited by sswilson; March 5, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old March 5, 2010, 04:42 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Is the -advmethods required to pull the smp2 WUs?

If not, then what are people pulling these days for WUs? I just started the smp client again and have pulled 3 a1 WUs in a row...

Edit: NVM.... set the -advmethods and pulled an a3 immediately..... ;)
Don't be surprised if you still get the odd A1, I just finished two in a row....

Sure love the A3's though, the Q9550 can get up to 9500ppd with the right gpu wu's...