Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Units not found (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/28807-units-not-found.html)

lechumbl February 11, 2010 12:53 PM

Units not found

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I recently installed Windows 7 Home on one of my folding systems.
Since I installed it, my completed units are not being transmitted to Stanford.
It keeps telling me that there is no record of it on the Server.
Well, hello, I got the units from them, so it seems strange that they have no record.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Take care.................

Soultribunal February 11, 2010 02:32 PM

Thats happened to me too on my GPU Clients. SOmetimes their Work servers have issues and they won't accept the data. Just let them contiune to run for now and eventually they should get transmitted. Thats my experience at least, I got 6 GPU Clients on XP and it happens from time to time.

ST

lechumbl February 11, 2010 03:07 PM

Hi bud,

Thanx for the info!!

I did not know if it was a Windows 7 issue or a Server issue.
My other desktop and my laptop are not doing it.
In fact, my laptop also has Windows 7 installed and it is transmitting units with no problems.
Go figure................:doh:

Take care, and again thanx for the info!!.............

Jon_di2 February 12, 2010 03:32 PM

Just to note, its been annoying me for the past few days too; hasn't been connecting, or saying that the packet I'm sending back is larger then expected so it isn't excepting it. Whats more annoying is that it waits and then tries again, it doesn't just download a new packet and get to work. If I'm around and notice it, I'll stop the client and restart and then it holds the WU in queue to send later and it gets to work....

So does anyone know how to get it to automatically start to work on a new WU while trying to send its current one (without me having to restart the client).

ps. it seems to mainly be happening with the crappy 548 wu's

lechumbl February 12, 2010 06:03 PM

Hi Jon,

I am about ready to blow away the files, and start new.
At least that way, the ones that are not going to send will be gone and the new ones will transmit when completed.
And they should download new ones then, without having to shut down client and restart.
But, perhaps my thinking is flawed? :doh:

Take care............

slntdth93 February 13, 2010 09:31 AM

mine hasnt been working either
usually with those recycled ati projects

Zero82z February 13, 2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechumbl (Post 333063)
Hi Jon,

I am about ready to blow away the files, and start new.
At least that way, the ones that are not going to send will be gone and the new ones will transmit when completed.
And they should download new ones then, without having to shut down client and restart.
But, perhaps my thinking is flawed? :doh:

Take care............

Unless it's preventing you from completing new work (which it doesn't seem to be doing), just leave it.

lechumbl February 14, 2010 01:59 PM

Hi Zach,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero82z (Post 333385)
Unless it's preventing you from completing new work (which it doesn't seem to be doing), just leave it.

Problem is, it takes a long time to get new units, as it keeps trying, over and over to get the old ones sent, before it even tries to send the completed ones.
It is wasted time that could be used to actually crunch units.

Oh well, guess it just will iron it self out, eventually. :whistle:

Take care........

Zero82z February 14, 2010 02:09 PM

Unless there's a server problem (there is one right now), it should keep the unit in the queue and download a new unit if it fails to transmit.

lechumbl February 14, 2010 03:17 PM

Hi Zach,

With the new units and such, there is bound to be problems for a while.
I will ride it out.............for now.

Take care........