Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2010, 06:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default I would like to take the Time....

... To personally Thank each and every one of our folders here at HWC.

Not only have we kept our team PPD above 1millon per day but we have grown and matured so much over the last year that I have been a part of it.

Everyone here, from the user who can only give 100ppd to the user who gives us 70K you all are helping make a difference in the world , and in this community.

I take my hat off thanking each and everyone of you for your contributions and hope that we can soon sit in the top 10 of the world. Which would be an amazing feat for such a small (in comparision) team.

Fold on HWC,

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 9, 2010, 06:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Well said. Great little team here that's for sure.
Old February 9, 2010, 07:03 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Woot woot, Congrats, Thanks and WTF guys. We are well on our way to being one of the best F@H team out there. Come on everyone, Summer is just around the corner so lets take advantage of this cold weather while we can and pump out some more PPD. With any luck we will have a long and cold Spring giving us more time to chase down some teams before the hot weather gets here.
I hope some of you guys are working on a place where you can run your rigs this summer where the heat wont get to you. Keep it up
Old February 9, 2010, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't fold and i am not trying to start a fight i would like to ask some questions about folding ( I don't know anything about it).
1. how do you know that Standford or what every university it is is not using this to say build biologically weapons for say DARPA.
because i know people who work for several university and there working on all kinds of stuff for darpa ( Cambridge in London i have family there working on nano tech for darpa and another that works at U of T and there also working on stuff for darpa ( biological she's a doctor )what it is she can't tell me it classified )
So i guess my big question is how do you know what it's being used for
in fact almost all university( in the western world ) have some type of darpa contract which worries me a lot
Old February 9, 2010, 07:32 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
I don't fold and i am not trying to start a fight i would like to ask some questions about folding ( I don't know anything about it).
1. how do you know that Standford or what every university it is is not using this to say build biologically weapons for say DARPA.
because i know people who work for several university and there working on all kinds of stuff for darpa ( Cambridge in London i have family there working on nano tech for darpa and another that works at U of T and there also working on stuff for darpa ( biological she's a doctor )what it is she can't tell me it classified )
So i guess my big question is how do you know what it's being used for
in fact almost all university( in the western world ) have some type of darpa contract which worries me a lot
1) because they publish papers they contribute to Folding@home - Papers

2) because they are very open to scrutiny

3) because knowledge and the pursuit of advancement is not inherently evil. All information can be used for good and bad purposes. This does not mean that we should stop all advancement out of fear.

4) because their is a lot of potential good that can come out of this research and many people could be helped by it one day.
Old February 9, 2010, 07:36 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Back to the original point of the thread; Great job everyone on the HWC Folding team, excellent work keeping your ppd above 1 million!
Old February 9, 2010, 07:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thank for the first two answers and the other two in called common sense. that i have thank
just want to say thanks fro the folding @home papers they help a lot. sorry i know you folders can be sensitive to people question about where it all goes
Old February 9, 2010, 07:52 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
sorry i know you folders can be sensitive to people question about where it all goes
Questioning is always good, the whole basis of good science is to question. When people stop striving to answer the questions, or when they try to hide from scrutiny, is when we should be worried.
Old February 9, 2010, 08:30 AM
Banned
F@H

Gingerbread ( ygpm)

it's an university campus, it's not bury under a mountain in the Colorado. But I have some questioning about something way way less terrible than that.

Start us a good tread about it I will be very please to participate..

ST make me cry with this post . ok I don't cry but it touch my heart what he said

Last edited by MarkOne; February 9, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old February 9, 2010, 08:39 AM
Banned
F@H

whohoo!!