Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2010, 10:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default No bonus in Big Adv Wu's anymore?

I just switched back to doing big adv work units on vmware again and i am noticing that there is no bonus being calculated using either hfm.net or fahspy even though it is a bigadv wu (double checked the flags, credit is 25403). Should i be worried about this or is it some new wu or glitch in my programs making me think i'm no longer getting a bonus for no reason at all. Nothing else has changed other then i ran smp2 for about half a week instead of vmware.
Old February 6, 2010, 10:34 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Glitch. As I said on IRC, I looked up your workunit in psummary and it's a standard -bigadv unit with a kfactor of 2. The bonus system is still active and won't be going away.
Old February 6, 2010, 10:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Glitch. As I said on IRC, I looked up your workunit in psummary and it's a standard -bigadv unit with a kfactor of 2. The bonus system is still active and won't be going away.
With the recent changes to the "regular" cpu folding I wonder if that will affect the bonus sydtem currently with bigadv.
Old February 7, 2010, 01:16 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
With the recent changes to the "regular" cpu folding I wonder if that will affect the bonus sydtem currently with bigadv.
It won't.
Old February 7, 2010, 08:54 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Both of mine have bonuses. I'll finish a couple today so I'll let you know whats up with the new ones I get.

In the meantime, make sure HFM has updated projects.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 7, 2010, 12:45 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Just downloaded a couple of new bigadvs (projects 2682, 2683) and both have 25K credits, but no ppd or bonus is being reported by HFM.net. The kfactor is 2.0 on the psummary page, so there will be bonus credit for these.

Found this post by the developer on the HFM site:
Quote:
- Bonus (KFactor) calculations are not correct for Clients/Projects with no
benchmark history.

Marked Fixed for Revision 138.

The problem stemmed from not having a valid ETA value for which to calculate the EFT
value when there was no benchmark data to draw from.
Looks like build 138 of HFM will calculate these properly, but you should still get credit.
Fold for team #54196