Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default So annoying

I have been folding since this autumn and I was experiencing different possibilities, finally I set myself to fold only with my CPU as it yields more PPD(somehow), less noise(the PC is in the same room as where I sleep), everything was going well for more than a month, I even added another computer to it(actually 2, but let's not talk about it).

And now, I am giving some 1753 WU which drop my PPD by half(at first), now its actually dropped by 2/3 and its not using my core 100%, so I added GPU folding to compensate and its noisy and hot (I have not turned on the heater and it was fine), the GPU folding works, but not great, I find there are many errors (got to 85% and then back to 0.) The other computer is having a hard time completing said WU (I think it just restarted after being stuck at 100% for 8+ hours) and here I am:

I guess I just wished things could have kept on going, btw, despite what the graph shows, my folding hasn't stopped during that period of time, I am still folding 24/7 (ok, ok, I admit it, I played a bit of game... I said a bit, nothing to justify such a leg breaking fall). Admitedly, I find I am rather annoying with all those folding problems.

Edit: I'll let u guess when I added another computer to it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kilauea; January 26, 2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old January 26, 2010, 09:25 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Time for you to get with SMP2: Upcoming Release of SMP2 Cores
Old January 27, 2010, 06:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is it already out ?
What are the benefits of it ?

Edit: did a bit of reading and yes its time for a change, get ready for me asking for help tonight

Last edited by Kilauea; January 27, 2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old January 27, 2010, 07:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
Is it already out ?
What are the benefits of it ?

Edit: did a bit of reading and yes its time for a change, get ready for me asking for help tonight

There are a lot better cards and quieter low power/low heat for nVidia out there.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 27, 2010, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
There are a lot better cards and quieter low power/low heat for nVidia out there.

ST
Yes but for my purpose it works great, I did not bought it for folding purpose, but rather for gaming purpose and I am satisfied with it for that. I have no plans to buy a new GPU...
Old January 27, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here I am, on schedule with the annoying I have no clue what to do message.

Alright, I have looked at SMP2 and what it says here I am currently using VMware for CPU folding and System tray client for GPU(as a back when CPU goes wrong). It says I should have at least version 6.29 which is linux based (or Mac), so what am I supposed to do ? Do I still use VMware or is it something else ? Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting back into folding for real points, specially now that my VMware is even more messed up than it was this morning.

So basicly I am looking at clear guidelines of what to do, because I am just confused.
Old January 27, 2010, 06:17 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You should use the Windows SMP client. The SMP2 A3 core runs on all platforms so there is no reason to use a Linux VM any more. All the information you need to get set up is here: Upcoming Release of SMP2 Cores
Old January 27, 2010, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've got no clue what to use and I will keep on using the VMware I was using, instead of that thing I downloaded which was cutting my PPD in 10.