Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2010, 06:30 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Default Did I download the wrong smp client?

Hey, just a quick question...I am trying to set up an smp client on my stock q6600 and I have downloaded and installed the mpich high performance client (last one on the list) I am getting a whopping 475 ppd right now according to fahmon... did I get the wrong client for smp2, I just noticed there is a v6 beta smp client Is that the one I should have installed? and if so, does anyone want a slightly smashed computer... well maybe not slightly.
Old January 26, 2010, 07:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you are running A3 cores fahspy and fahmon are not updated to predict the proper ppd (even though i found fahspy's ppd to nearly match hfm.net and to match the A3 point calculator linuxrouter made)
Old January 26, 2010, 07:05 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

How can you tell if it's an "A3" core, fahmon show it as a 336 point project 6315... if thats anyhelp. and I tried hfm last night when I set it up and they are both showing 475 ppd. I also noticed that my CPU usage is only around 30 percent, should it not be higher?
Old January 26, 2010, 07:32 AM

My System Specs

Are you running w/ the -SMP and -advmethods flags?
Old January 26, 2010, 07:41 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I think so, I entered yes while setting it up... and I put in a passkey as well... I followed the smp guide for setting up from folding.stanford everything is up and running, but it's not really worth it if it's only for 470 ppd?

-edit- I was reading some other threads about smp problems. and went back through the setup and I did not enter the -smp verbosity 9 command on the "additional client parameters" line , I have gone back in and reset up the smp, but have about 4 hours to wait for a new client... I hope this will help.

Last edited by Mecher; January 26, 2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old January 26, 2010, 08:02 AM

My System Specs

30% means likely only one core so chances are the SMP flag isn't created. Create a shortcut to the SMP .exe. Then right click it properties, then under the 'target:' field add -smp -advmethods to the end of it. Then go in to the SMP clients folders and delete the work folder, queue, and the FahCore_**.exe. Start up the SMP client w/ the shortcut and you should be good to go.
Old January 26, 2010, 08:18 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I wil try that!!! thanks for the input, I set this all up last night before I went to bed, now after a couple of cups a coffee things may work better... I haven't messed around with dos in so long, reminds me of my parents 386 40 I used 15 years ago... and can you believe that up untill a month ago, they were still using the old 386 to play mahjong! thanks again Lowfat!
Old January 26, 2010, 08:43 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

100% on all four cores!!!!! That should put out some better points! Thanks again!