Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2010, 07:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
lol. better
You ain't fooling me with that ahem statement
Old January 19, 2010, 07:05 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
.. bad boy Dan, but then ya don't much want to laugh or do much of anything else after reversing a 30 year old vasectomy either!!
I have the same operation 10 years ago. 2 wonderful children since that one.
Old January 19, 2010, 07:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
bm's always pssed when stuff doesn't work right, kinda understand the ole man lol.
Gee thanks.... finally!!!!
Old January 19, 2010, 07:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
@BWM and the other complainers. why are you complaining? you are doing something that is actually useful, and because it is down for a little while you are talking about switching to something else. that sounds almost like alot of the WOW players when the WOW servers went down for a day.
they could not control weather and other things that may have affected when the power went out, so don't blame them.
As a Ph.D in engineering, I have good reason to suspect reasons much deeper into the works than most. Even BS-EE types with wet ink still dripping from their 30 minute old diplomas should have no problems piling up at least 10 very common reasons for this.
Old January 19, 2010, 07:26 PM
Banned
F@H

bm i say you make one post with quotes so its easier to follow lol.

dont fail us in ze future!!!
Old January 19, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
As a Ph.D in engineering, I have good reason to suspect reasons much deeper into the works than most. Even BS-EE types with wet ink still dripping from their 30 minute old diplomas should have no problems piling up at least 10 very common reasons for this.
I guess on the side of the user it kind of makes sense. they should have looked at the use to keep the server rooms running at what they are and add about 5-10% to that and have generators to hold that. but maybe the generators were put in in the assumption of running servers for the school, not an international distributed computing project.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old January 19, 2010, 07:54 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
I guess on the side of the user it kind of makes sense. they should have looked at the use to keep the server rooms running at what they are and add about 5-10% to that and have generators to hold that. but maybe the generators were put in in the assumption of running servers for the school, not an international distributed computing project.
They did have backup generators running and most of the servers were up throughout the power outage. Even the ones that did go down were only offline for part of the day. So I would say overall that the Pande Group did a pretty good job of keeping the project up and running under some pretty dire circumstances.
Old January 19, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

however they were saying that the chillers were not working because they could not power them. that should have been brought into consideration when setting up the generators.
the building that my school is in also has a server hosting company, they have enough power in the generators to power the buildings + about 15%.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old January 19, 2010, 08:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well now, to those who bitched about a race that never existed and points transplantation (which is BS) that never took place. If you only knew how that really works

You have one strange definition of angry there buddy. I was not then and certainly is not now anything to with points on MY part. I enjoy a little competition and associated healthy good natured banter as anyone, probably even more, but I sure as hell don't see much of it here. You also don't seem to place any value of husband and wife sharing interests that should benefit their own relationship AND the whole species, odd, since you fold apparently only for yourself. We also believe that in efforts such as folding, that TEAM MEMBERS should get to know one another. I don't see a lot of that here either, not yet anway. Especialy sad as it is a very important of making and keeping together a worthy team.

I have a very strong feeling that this place harbors a ton of disdain for USA types and especially professional people just trying to mix in with the rest of society. So perhaps we'll just wipe profiles and siggies clean, flush the over 2 million points we've already made for YOU and everyoene else here down the camode, and leave, slamming the door on our way out. Speak and we will do it your way. Enthusiast sites are a dime a dozen out there anyway.

Finally - moderators and higher who see us as missfits or otherwise undesierables do us a favor and just pull the plug. At least we DO NOT put up with the kind of mentality demonstrated here. He wouldn't get in the permanently locked public doors anyway. There's something SICK about doors having to be closed to the public because of crap like this but its true that sites out there that were created by professional people, for professional people, have long locked the doors to to the public for this reason and spamers, the latter in fact, mostly in Canada, hosting chinese interests presenting themselves as legit pharmacies, most located in western canada who are as illegit as a dog in the woods.

Screw it, there are always a few site regulars hell bent on representing the mores of what NO site should ever appear to have. So, congrats, a very few have made sick two old folks with more experience than many of you have years of age. All we wanted is a folding home outside and FAR away from the USA's terminal kiddie gaming epidemic. Guess we didn't bring in enough points for ya, eh??

Have a wonderful day...........

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited by bwm; January 19, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old January 19, 2010, 08:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
bm i say you make one post with quotes so its easier to follow lol.

dont fail us in ze future!!!
Sorry bro, thought I clicked multi-quote on 4 or 5 posts I missed much earlier in the thread but screwed it up somewhere. I doubt it'll make any difference in an increasingly doubtful looking future here anyway.

Tags
f@h , folding , stanford , work unit