Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2010, 03:29 PM
Banned
F@H

dude 15k ppd is great. hell even 5k ppd on a lowly cheapo 8800gt is very fine.
Old January 19, 2010, 03:37 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I have to go for a service call, just before I want to say , than yesterday I close my shop at 1:15 to come home to check why I was giving point to an other team, today I do the same again to see if my Rid was getting the works, I can't use my PC anymore because of the lag, so I see it as a growing problem, and before I stop everyone in the house to use their PC , I think I have to stop this thing right now. I have never smoke, or drink, now I spent $ 1200 a week in GPU . . it's became very serious. But I understand that I have to control my self instead of avoiding it. I will think about if 15k PPD is ok with me .

Sorry for the comment. you are a good team
A lot of us at one point or another stop and wonder what we've gotten ourselves into, it's easy to get caught up in the pull of Folding. I've gone through the same thing myself, the trick is learning to pace yourself.

Whatever you decide to do is good, Thanks for Folding...

Old January 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Almost all the servers are back up.
Old January 19, 2010, 03:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

Don't know what all the fuss is about... Shit happens...
Old January 19, 2010, 03:56 PM
Banned
F@H

lol...stuff happens
Old January 19, 2010, 04:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

Sorry... how about doodoo happens...
Old January 19, 2010, 04:26 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Sorry... how about doodoo happens...
lol. better
Old January 19, 2010, 04:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Other than my GPU getting 548 point WUs, My PC GPU and CPU (1 VMware client running at 50%) are fine. But I checked my PS3 around noon and it is said " Could not connect to server" and now after 6pm its still the same, It still signs me in to the PS3 network, So I dont think it my internet. Looking at the Team Default User name PS3 their points are still coming in but their points have dropped a bit in the last 24h.
I think our F@H contests overload their servers, The last contest their was a server mess up to, Or was it the contest before. So many F@H contest its hard to keep track.
Dont get discouraged, Shit happens. I would think Stanford is working as hard as they can to fix it because their the one's who are really missing out.
EDIT: A day and a half a go I took my PS3 from the living room where it was wired to the internet to my room and wired it to the internet but I used a old cable so I thought I would try hooking it up wireless and it found the server. Weird because it did say Signed in when it was wired. OH Well, Shit happens, Now.... Back to Folding

Last edited by badatcards; January 19, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old January 19, 2010, 04:56 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Update

Prof. Pande has updated his blog;

Quote:
UPDATE: 3pm Pacific Time
It took a long time for the server room in the Computer Science Building to come back on line, but it's back now. We are checking out the servers and restarting binaries to serve FAH WUs. Looks like this is basically over. Due to redundancy in our use of server rooms on campus, most of FAH was up even while the whole University was in the dark, so while this outage was non-ideal, luckily most of FAH was working during the outage.

Old January 19, 2010, 05:28 PM
Banned
F@H

im curious upon their generator/backup systems :)

Tags
f@h , folding , stanford , work unit