Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2010, 10:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Stanford has their own power plant? I wonder how that works.
Old January 19, 2010, 10:53 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
Stanford has their own power plant? I wonder how that works.
Probably quite well. Working power plants on campus aren't out of the norm, most Universities have working nuclear reactors anyways. Most are research purposes only though.

This power plant is a cogeneration plant which is based on Stanford property, but owned by a third party. Whatever electricity is excess is sold to the local power grid company, and then a percentage of that is paid to Stanford from the third party to cover monthly rent. Stanford pays the same amount as they would were they on the local grid, but they get the added benefit of getting steam from the plant as well as a back up energy source for their medical center. The 'saved money' comes from the renting of the land, so it is beneficial to them.
Old January 19, 2010, 11:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Same limp ---- problem they say they're working on, got new gear, now the same shit again, for several hours can't get work.

I hate to say it Stanford but I'm not the least impressed and will probably put my iddy biddy lil farm on something else if y'all can't pull yer heads out of yer butts and get it together. After all, you've always been extreemly quick to declare a roll of duct tape as the big fix It doesn't fix pissing in the wind as the root of the problems. I'l sick of it.
Old January 19, 2010, 11:51 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Same limp ---- problem they say they're working on, got new gear, now the same shit again, for several hours can't get work.

I hate to say it Stanford but I'm not the least impressed and will probably put my iddy biddy lil farm on something else if y'all can't pull yer heads out of yer butts and get it together. After all, you've always been extreemly quick to declare a roll of duct tape as the big fix It doesn't fix pissing in the wind as the root of the problems. I'l sick of it.
Not much the F@H crew can do this time if the whole campus is down. I get as tired of the problems with Folding as anyone but this time it's not their fault...

Old January 19, 2010, 11:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Still NO excuse for them NOT having online the backup generation systems they claimed/promised. Their words grow weaker by the minute. I'm sure a few half-trained BSEE's could walk in there and drop their jaws in amasement at the lasc ok planning that went into integrating with the city's grid system. Hmmmmmmmm, also makes me wonder how big their lil gas tanks are
Old January 19, 2010, 12:02 PM

My System Specs

Is it still doing? I've had no issues getting any WU's w/ my clients
Old January 19, 2010, 12:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Is it still doing? I've had no issues getting any WU's w/ my clients
The Win SMP servers are down, don't know about the linux or -bigadv ones. They did say they would run the emergency generators as long as possible.

The GPU's seem to be fine so far, just got another WU and all my cards are Folding...

Old January 19, 2010, 12:12 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:

Quote:
Still NO excuse for them NOT having online the backup generation systems they claimed/promised. Their words grow weaker by the minute. I'm sure a few half-trained BSEE's could walk in there and drop their jaws in amasement at the lasc ok planning that went into integrating with the city's grid system. Hmmmmmmmm, also makes me wonder how big their lil gas tanks are

Before I start to think like this, and I lost more and more sleep checking those stats and especially spend all my $ in those GPU, I'm may be better to rethink my folding. It's start to be too much an addiction to my taste.
Old January 19, 2010, 12:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
The Win SMP servers are down, don't know about the linux or -bigadv ones. They did say they would run the emergency generators as long as possible.

The GPU's seem to be fine so far, just got another WU and all my cards are Folding...
All my cards are folding fine too except one (HD4870) it can't get a WU, not that that is a great loss...
Old January 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Before I start to think like this, and I lost more and more sleep checking those stats and especially spend all my $ in those GPU, I'm may be better to rethink my folding. It's start to be too much an addiction to my taste.
Don't worry, it mellows a bit with time. It never goes away, but it get's easier to deal with...

Tags
f@h , folding , stanford , work unit