Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2010, 10:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Queue capacity.

I've given the forum a brief search for some info and can't find any I'm loking for, so I'm hoping one of you ladies and gents may have it.

From the instant the queue.dat file is empty until it overflows or is closed to prevent that, how long a time it that? Or, perhaps better put, how many work units does that equate to?

Saquestion for stanford's end. How big is the queue, how many work units capacity, does it close or shut off when it cannot accept more input.

Reasons should be obvious enough. I'm not willing to piss in the wind waiting for stanford to do triple-time on the servers collecting and dishing out work units.
Old January 15, 2010, 03:53 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I think there are 12 slots in the queue for various WUs; size does not matter.
Old January 16, 2010, 05:02 PM
Rookie
F@H

And that is for the queue.dat file in the client machine, correct?

TIA
Old January 16, 2010, 05:06 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Indeed, Ma'am.
Old January 16, 2010, 05:51 PM
Rookie
F@H

Thank you, Charlie. That concern hits me right in the head every time we have a power glitch. Just paranoid, I guess because we had no many more of them in San Diego than here! But since hubby Brad has pretty much passed all the folding related stuff to me because of his workload increases, I have to learn, and fast. We put all the folding machines back under his name because he has all the points, and then there the siggy related problems I've referred to a few times. I think I see their point behind it but it still strikes me as stupid and unfair, and it is not HWC's fault anyway. Thanks again, Charlie.

csm