Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2010, 11:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M View Post
Others on the Stanford site are reporting the same. It seems you should consider yourself lucky to even get that as the Nvidia WUs are the only ones going out consistently.
All of our GPU units here are nVidia and they have ALL been waiting for work more than 6 hours now. None of my SMP clients are having any problems at all...... yet.
Old January 14, 2010, 11:26 PM
Rookie
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M View Post
I wish Pande Group would be a bit more respectful of what we do and take the time to keep us informed instead of providing either no info or BS spin when there are problems.
Excellent point. Stanford doesn't seem to realize what kind of money people are spending on doing their work, especially now. And this is the return for it?? I'll bet that more than a few leave, including old-timers, never to return. They beter be thinking about it very hard.
Old January 15, 2010, 01:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Good news - GPU servers appear to be working again at about midnight Mountain time. All 9 of the completed GPU jobs I had in the queue have uploaded, fetched new ones, and rolling right along I still see some evidense of SMP being behind the curve so kep an eye on that. I think it will be quite some time until GPU stats are caught up though, due to the backload of GPU uploads very likely pending. We may next see a rash of can't get fresh GPU job errors.
Old January 15, 2010, 04:57 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Interesting. My bigadv folding rig (using Linuxrouter's vm) that has been folding bigadvs for ages just picked up a regular wu (project 2662...1920pts according to HFM).

This vm has not been reset or anything.....
Normal. If no bigadv WUs are available, then the server will send an advmethods WU. And if those are not available a regular WU will be sent.

Don't know if the outage is related, but I lost a bigadv WU at 22:00 , 100% completion last night... can't see the log, says it's corrupted.
Old January 15, 2010, 09:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Normal. If no bigadv WUs are available, then the server will send an advmethods WU. And if those are not available a regular WU will be sent.

Don't know if the outage is related, but I lost a bigadv WU at 22:00 , 100% completion last night... can't see the log, says it's corrupted.
Ouch. Do you have the backup script set up? I'm trying to set it up but stuck at this step...
Old January 15, 2010, 11:48 AM
Rookie
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Good news - GPU servers appear to be working again at about midnight Mountain time. All 9 of the completed GPU jobs I had in the queue have uploaded, fetched new ones, and rolling right along I still see some evidense of SMP being behind the curve so kep an eye on that. I think it will be quite some time until GPU stats are caught up though, due to the backload of GPU uploads very likely pending. We may next see a rash of can't get fresh GPU job errors.
Forget about that potential problem. Never materialized. Even regular -advmethods workunits are flowing in and out smoothly.

Now if I can figure out what you guys are talking about with this "big advanced" or whatever it is, maybe hubby and I can squeeze a bit more out of these ancient quads and GPU boxes.
Old January 15, 2010, 01:24 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.CSM View Post
Now if I can figure out what you guys are talking about with this "big advanced" or whatever it is, maybe hubby and I can squeeze a bit more out of these ancient quads and GPU boxes.
-bigadv WUs award bonus points (worth 55k +) but they require a fast i7 with lots of memory to process.
Old January 16, 2010, 02:10 AM

My System Specs

Are people still having a problem w/ getting a bigadv?
Old January 16, 2010, 08:09 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Picked-up one finally yesterday afternoon.
Old January 16, 2010, 11:15 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm getting the "attempting to get work packet" message for the nvidia GPU console client. Are others still getting it?

The reason I'm wondering is because I just installed Win7 last night and I'm not sure if I am using the wrong client or if it just Stanford.