Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2010, 06:25 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Mine are working fine, just picked up 2 353 pointers in the last 20 min.
nVidia GPU folding is OK. Looks like its Linux(or vmware), Windows SMP, and ATI GPU are out of luck right now.

I finished a bigadv and then no server...did I break it? Seriously, I hope its just a WU issue and not a points issue. I'll have to watch closely.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 14, 2010, 06:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My log indicates that my Radeon 4870 has been successfully fed by the server for the whole day.
Old January 14, 2010, 06:32 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
nVidia GPU folding is OK. Looks like its Linux(or vmware), Windows SMP, and ATI GPU are out of luck right now.

I finished a bigadv and then no server...did I break it? Seriously, I hope its just a WU issue and not a points issue. I'll have to watch closely.

you can add the regular CPU too
Old January 14, 2010, 06:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

Maybe they cut off the Big Boys to give the noobs a chance to make some headway...
Old January 14, 2010, 07:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Interesting. My bigadv folding rig (using Linuxrouter's vm) that has been folding bigadvs for ages just picked up a regular wu (project 2662...1920pts according to HFM).

This vm has not been reset or anything.....
Fold for team #54196
Old January 14, 2010, 09:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Another two people get'n screwed and VERY unhappy

Wife and I haven't had a SMP or GPU job issued for hours now.

Who are we supposed to FWD our electric bills to????

Please, No BBB numbers, they're as worthless as tits on a bullfrog.
Old January 14, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Another two people get'n screwed and VERY unhappy

Wife and I haven't had a SMP or GPU job issued for hours now.

Who are we supposed to FWD our electric bills to????

Please, No BBB numbers, they're as worthless as tits on a bullfrog.
Downtime happens... Relax la.

@chris. At least you got a WU? I didn't bother trying. Just gonna turn my computer off when I sleep. Comp's also off when not in use during the most expensive part of the day. Damn smart meter
Old January 14, 2010, 09:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Downtime happens... Relax la.

@chris. At least you got a WU? I didn't bother trying. Just gonna turn my computer off when I sleep. Comp's also off when not in use during the most expensive part of the day. Damn smart meter
I'm sorry, I am not the least bit impressed by Stanford's supposedly ongoing and massive server farm upgrade when something like this comes along and wipes damn near a quarter of a day off the clock. I ain't buying it, unless the problem is a MUCH wider spread power outage, which I find incredibly hard to swallow since it hasn't showed up on CNN or MSNBC. But then, in all fairness, since when are any of them known for having their heads stuffed up the right holes all of the time. And of course we must also assume all those brand new new backup generators are either on a 5 year backorder status or sank somewhere between here and chine.
Old January 14, 2010, 10:13 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Interesting. My bigadv folding rig (using Linuxrouter's vm) that has been folding bigadvs for ages just picked up a regular wu (project 2662...1920pts according to HFM).

This vm has not been reset or anything.....
Others on the Stanford site are reporting the same. It seems you should consider yourself lucky to even get that as the Nvidia WUs are the only ones going out consistently.
Old January 14, 2010, 10:17 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
I'm sorry, I am not the least bit impressed by Stanford's supposedly ongoing and massive server farm upgrade when something like this comes along and wipes damn near a quarter of a day off the clock. I ain't buying it, unless the problem is a MUCH wider spread power outage, which I find incredibly hard to swallow since it hasn't showed up on CNN or MSNBC. But then, in all fairness, since when are any of them known for having their heads stuffed up the right holes all of the time. And of course we must also assume all those brand new new backup generators are either on a 5 year backorder status or sank somewhere between here and chine.
Frm what I've seen on other forums there is no power outage. More than a few people claiming to have been able to ping the assignment servers successfully (I haven't bothered myself). I wish Pande Group would be a bit more respectful of what we do and take the time to keep us informed instead of providing either no info or BS spin when there are problems.