Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 06:25 PM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,401

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Mine are working fine, just picked up 2 353 pointers in the last 20 min.
nVidia GPU folding is OK. Looks like its Linux(or vmware), Windows SMP, and ATI GPU are out of luck right now.

I finished a bigadv and then no server...did I break it? Seriously, I hope its just a WU issue and not a points issue. I'll have to watch closely.
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 06:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,226

My System Specs

Default

My log indicates that my Radeon 4870 has been successfully fed by the server for the whole day.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 06:32 PM
MarkOne's Avatar
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chertsey 60 KM north of Montreal
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
nVidia GPU folding is OK. Looks like its Linux(or vmware), Windows SMP, and ATI GPU are out of luck right now.

I finished a bigadv and then no server...did I break it? Seriously, I hope its just a WU issue and not a points issue. I'll have to watch closely.

you can add the regular CPU too
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 06:46 PM
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kingston Ontario
Posts: 926
Default

Maybe they cut off the Big Boys to give the noobs a chance to make some headway...
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 07:04 PM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,401

My System Specs

Default

Interesting. My bigadv folding rig (using Linuxrouter's vm) that has been folding bigadvs for ages just picked up a regular wu (project 2662...1920pts according to HFM).

This vm has not been reset or anything.....
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 09:01 PM
bwm bwm is offline
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 799

My System Specs

Default

Another two people get'n screwed and VERY unhappy

Wife and I haven't had a SMP or GPU job issued for hours now.

Who are we supposed to FWD our electric bills to????

Please, No BBB numbers, they're as worthless as tits on a bullfrog.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 09:22 PM
geokilla's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,622

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Another two people get'n screwed and VERY unhappy

Wife and I haven't had a SMP or GPU job issued for hours now.

Who are we supposed to FWD our electric bills to????

Please, No BBB numbers, they're as worthless as tits on a bullfrog.
Downtime happens... Relax la.

@chris. At least you got a WU? I didn't bother trying. Just gonna turn my computer off when I sleep. Comp's also off when not in use during the most expensive part of the day. Damn smart meter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 09:49 PM
bwm bwm is offline
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 799

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Downtime happens... Relax la.

@chris. At least you got a WU? I didn't bother trying. Just gonna turn my computer off when I sleep. Comp's also off when not in use during the most expensive part of the day. Damn smart meter
I'm sorry, I am not the least bit impressed by Stanford's supposedly ongoing and massive server farm upgrade when something like this comes along and wipes damn near a quarter of a day off the clock. I ain't buying it, unless the problem is a MUCH wider spread power outage, which I find incredibly hard to swallow since it hasn't showed up on CNN or MSNBC. But then, in all fairness, since when are any of them known for having their heads stuffed up the right holes all of the time. And of course we must also assume all those brand new new backup generators are either on a 5 year backorder status or sank somewhere between here and chine.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 10:13 PM
J_M's Avatar
J_M J_M is offline
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Burnaby (Vancouver)
Posts: 54

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Interesting. My bigadv folding rig (using Linuxrouter's vm) that has been folding bigadvs for ages just picked up a regular wu (project 2662...1920pts according to HFM).

This vm has not been reset or anything.....
Others on the Stanford site are reporting the same. It seems you should consider yourself lucky to even get that as the Nvidia WUs are the only ones going out consistently.
__________________
It was on fire when I got here.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2010, 10:17 PM
J_M's Avatar
J_M J_M is offline
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Burnaby (Vancouver)
Posts: 54

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
I'm sorry, I am not the least bit impressed by Stanford's supposedly ongoing and massive server farm upgrade when something like this comes along and wipes damn near a quarter of a day off the clock. I ain't buying it, unless the problem is a MUCH wider spread power outage, which I find incredibly hard to swallow since it hasn't showed up on CNN or MSNBC. But then, in all fairness, since when are any of them known for having their heads stuffed up the right holes all of the time. And of course we must also assume all those brand new new backup generators are either on a 5 year backorder status or sank somewhere between here and chine.
Frm what I've seen on other forums there is no power outage. More than a few people claiming to have been able to ping the assignment servers successfully (I haven't bothered myself). I wish Pande Group would be a bit more respectful of what we do and take the time to keep us informed instead of providing either no info or BS spin when there are problems.
__________________
It was on fire when I got here.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes