Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2010, 07:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
ATI kinda abandoned them big time....
Fixed.

And great news!
Old January 14, 2010, 10:14 AM
Allstar

LCB, if you don't mind I'd like to post links to your posts on TPU. This way, I won't copypasta and then glory hog, so you should get the recognition for the hard work you do on scanning these stories down (good F@H journalism sir). If you'd rather me not do this, let me know and I'll refrain from doing so in the future.
Old January 14, 2010, 11:34 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fiendo View Post
LCB, if you don't mind I'd like to post links to your posts on TPU. This way, I won't copypasta and then glory hog, so you should get the recognition for the hard work you do on scanning these stories down (good F@H journalism sir). If you'd rather me not do this, let me know and I'll refrain from doing so in the future.
Feel free to pass along the info in whatever way you see fit, anything to help a fellow Folder...

Old January 14, 2010, 02:00 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
Fixed.

And great news!
dont edit my words lol.

ati has good hw, coincidentally not supported...somebody mustve pulled a few over the green goblins i think..maybe not?
Old January 14, 2010, 03:15 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
dont edit my words lol.

ati has good hw, coincidentally not supported...somebody mustve pulled a few over the green goblins i think..maybe not?
Some info on nVidia vs. ATI folding here:
Folding@Home GPU3 Client to use RV870

Looks like the nVidia hardware gets more work done due to how errors are handled and threads. The paper linked in that post mentions Pande's work in getting ATI folding better (which I don't care to read lol)
Fold for team #54196
Old January 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
dont edit my words lol.

Again, please READ before you make assumptions.
Old January 14, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This should end some quarrels. Folding@home

Quote:
Just an update on my blog post. I want to make it clear that we're seeing problems in both of our ATI and NVIDIA GPU OpenCL implementations for OpenMM. Maybe it's on our side (I'm bet some bugs are on our side), but we suspect there could possibly be some issues with both the NVIDIA and ATI OpenCL implementations (and maybe even Apple's). We are working with everyone closely to either fix our bugs or get our code compliant with the OpenCL implementations.Also, it looks like I should have been more careful in my wording of my previous post. I was referring to the issues above when talking about whether the ATI implementation was "fully functional" and some groups have gotten this out of my intended context. As far as I understand, the ATI OpenCL implementation is fully functional.
Finally, it is important to note that our Brook code is still supported, just not actively developed so Folding@Home/OpenMM is concentrating on shifting to OpenCL, so no more active development using Brook.

Tags
f@h , folding , gpu3 , opencl , smp2