Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
The 191.07 driver version is your best bet based on what I have read and experienced.
thanks I take good note
Old January 11, 2010, 05:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Over 4500PPD? Not likely. I have two 9600GSOs, and the one that is clocked higher (650MHz core, 1836MHz shaders) tops out at about 4200PPD, usually running at around 4000.

The 191.07 driver version is your best bet based on what I have read and experienced.
MMV with Cards Zero to be honest. Even MY GX2's which have identical CLocks fold WU's differently. SO he could be very correct in what he is saying. And WU's themselves are not identical either as my GPU Temps have shown.

It all depends really,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 11, 2010, 06:02 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
MMV with Cards Zero to be honest. Even MY GX2's which have identical CLocks fold WU's differently. SO he could be very correct in what he is saying. And WU's themselves are not identical either as my GPU Temps have shown.

It all depends really,

ST
It does depend, but I don't think I've ever heard of a 9600GSO going over 4500PPD, and I've seen numbers from quite a few of those cards including my own two. Normal numbers for a heavily-overclocked 9600GSO are about 4k PPD, and a stock card will be around 3000-3500.
Old January 11, 2010, 06:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It does depend, but I don't think I've ever heard of a 9600GSO going over 4500PPD, and I've seen numbers from quite a few of those cards including my own two. Normal numbers for a heavily-overclocked 9600GSO are about 4k PPD, and a stock card will be around 3000-3500.
I don't doubt that for a minute to be honest. But even SSwilson when he had his GSO's he was pulling good numbers. I think certain cards in the GSO series had different shader counts too (96 vs 112) etc which might be the case as well. That card was so heavily changed through the years too.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old January 11, 2010, 06:09 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't doubt that for a minute to be honest. But even SSwilson when he had his GSO's he was pulling good numbers. I think certain cards in the GSO series had different shader counts too (96 vs 112) etc which might be the case as well. That card was so heavily changed through the years too.

ST
384MB or 768MB 9600GSOs have 96 shaders. Most 512MB cards have 48, although apparently some also have 96.
Old January 14, 2010, 03:04 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Runs 50 Degrees on the 584 WU's.

Good luck with the MSI one, let us know what the thermals are on it.

ST

46'C with fan at 98% 8250 PPD, with 10 like this i'm in business

Old January 14, 2010, 03:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
46'C with fan at 98% 8250 PPD, with 10 like this i'm in business

Well thats about 70% as efficent as my Matrix. Not bad at all. Lets see it when it hits a 548 WU though.

Good numbers.

ST

Old January 14, 2010, 03:14 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
with 10 like this i'm in business
10 of them!? You'd be kicking out a hell of a lot of points with a setup like that. You should get your CPUs folding with VMs as well if you really want to put out some nice points.
Old January 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
Banned
F@H

Zero the WHS in the pic is my Windows Home Server, still need it time to time, it's just to make a use to that cpu. I will not push it more
the WS-02, is the PC I'm writing on now. I have 4 other CPU working like that, so we don't notice any degradation in performance, I shut them down yesterday, I"m going right away put them back.
I will make dedicated PC latter. I'm just in my learning curve.
Old January 14, 2010, 03:28 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You don't need a dedicated PC to fold on the CPU, even with a VM. There is still enough CPU power left over for the PC to perform normal tasks. The only time it becomes a real factor is when you're doing very CPU-intensive stuff, but a server shouldn't have any problems at all. I run my main PC at full load all the time and it's more than responsive enough for nearly everything I do; even most games don't have any problems running (although I do need to stop GPU folding during that).