Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 11, 2010, 06:07 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Someone is making a run for the top 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
I hope you wont pass over me in team ranking.
Just want to make a clarification here.: I like to build computer, I try to play game to justify my build, but I'm really not in gaming. Since I have 5 computers capable of good folding, running 24/7 idling mainly all the time, I decide to put them in good use, why not, but don't expect me to try to beat the record. I do it for fun, not to be the # 1, in summer I will shut them down, and for now I go slowly by slowly, build a folding beast have a learning curve, so I take my time. Build a computer is more fun than use it.
Old January 11, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

cool but wow i thought i run a lot of machines hell i have cut mine down to just 5 at least i am not alone ha ha
Old January 11, 2010, 07:09 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

A 9600GSO is a good folder as well. Gets over 4500PPD
Old January 11, 2010, 07:25 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac26 View Post
and cost only half the price , so for $ 200 I will have get 9000 PPD, why you don't post it yesterday

still, the MSI, is a beauty with that cooler
Old January 11, 2010, 08:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
and cost only half the price , so for $ 200 I will have get 9000 PPD, why you don't post it yesterday

still, the MSI, is a beauty with that cooler

It is MarkOne, but nothing will run as cool as my ENGTX260 Matrix :)
I've got as much PPD on that now as a GTX275. I'm 27% OC On the Shaders by dropping the core a little with mem.

Runs 50 Degrees on the 584 WU's.

Good luck with the MSI one, let us know what the thermals are on it.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 11, 2010, 09:54 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Good luck with the MSI one,ST
they probably not the best rated one... but I'm confident with this one, and usually I have good luck with stuff. from the pics, the cooler base cover all the important stuf , including the vrm.. The Asus you talk about look very good too, but dam hard to find , do you have a place where they have ?
Old January 11, 2010, 10:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
they probably not the best rated one... but I'm confident with this one, and usually I have good luck with stuff. from the pics, the cooler base cover all the important stuf , including the vrm.. The Asus you talk about look very good too, but dam hard to find , do you have a place where they have ?

I have had no luck finding a second one ever. They don't sell them in North America.
I even have the people at TPU searching for one as well to no avail.

That card is just amazing. I know someone who uses a Twin Frozor and it actually runs really good for folding.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 11, 2010, 10:43 AM
Banned
F@H

I read some freaking things about the new drivers of Nvidia last few weeks here someplace, , is that something I should worry, can I install the last driver, or they are better option ?
Old January 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I always stay 1 version back with the Nvidia driver. I am now using 190 on mine and everything is working like a charm. I would sugest only to stay with SQL driver and avoid the BETA one.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 11, 2010, 05:43 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac26 View Post
Over 4500PPD? Not likely. I have two 9600GSOs, and the one that is clocked higher (650MHz core, 1836MHz shaders) tops out at about 4200PPD, usually running at around 4000.
Quote:
I read some freaking things about the new drivers of Nvidia last few weeks here someplace, , is that something I should worry, can I install the last driver, or they are better option ?
The 191.07 driver version is your best bet based on what I have read and experienced.