Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2010, 01:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post

EOC shows us as being #44.
Kako shows us as #44.
WHO are we to believe?
Yea I know those are all wrong.

We are #1 .

(at least I think so )

Old January 8, 2010, 01:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
The 260's are still medium-high on the ppd list and won't be replaced till the mainstream Fermi card comes out AFAIK.

As much as it goes against the grain to say so, I would hold off a bit longer to see what Fermi will bring to the table. Once the info on Fermi is released you can decide whether to wait for it or pick up some of the older cards that people will be dumping soon after.

Waiting would also give you one less thing to worry about right now...

I agree with that policy for the most part. I just hate getting so dumped on at work
that I have to at least partly rely on other people's comments/evals/recommends etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Yea I know those are all wrong.

We are #1 .

(at least I think so )

Well, I agree that HWC is a damn nice team to fold with/for. Posting activity in folding here is about the ony thing I come to mass market/enthusiast sites anyway. Last one was dead as a doornail most of the time and they booted me off for expressing my own opinion as a former staffer. Piss on 'em. Got no use for a place with that kind of mentality. Here I see a place trying to grow by focusing its efforts in one or two directions. Not trying to butt heads like everyone else south of the border where everyone tries to saturate their readers with everything from everywhere. What the hell does that really accomplish?? What happened to the niche segments, specializing on them, less competition, potentially more money from sponsors involved in that niche. Don't lose it guys. You have some now, don't throw every last bit of it away like so many others have done.. DON"T BE GENERIC.

Last edited by bwm; January 8, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old January 8, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Man, we are beating people with many times the amount of numbers! WTF!!!!
Old January 8, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm still not able to contribute to the fold, but man, you guys/gals are doing a great job.
Breaking the top 10 in ppd seems reachable for sure.

Arinoth, you were getting some impresive ppd for a while there.
It wasn't that long ago I was kickng your butt...
I won't be doing that again for quite some time now.... good job!

Old January 8, 2010, 03:36 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Go team! It's an impressive feat for such a young team.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old January 8, 2010, 08:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecanadianguy View Post
I'm still not able to contribute to the fold, but man, you guys/gals are doing a great job.
Breaking the top 10 in ppd seems reachable for sure.

Arinoth, you were getting some impresive ppd for a while there.
It wasn't that long ago I was kickng your butt...
I won't be doing that again for quite some time now.... good job!

Thanks, remember my rig was shut down for 2 weeks so that average (thats done over 7 days) hasn't gotten the chance to become the average of a full folding week yet i'll be back up there
Old January 9, 2010, 01:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I remember seeing what I think was Mr. Arinoth's average PPD when I first came here and it was enough to give this old fast some pause. I like to set around the middle in the top 20, sometimes 8 or 7 depending on the breaks, but I haven't been here long enough to learn what the most cost effective was to do it are. I do think I'm getting close though. And hope to be among those of you who did the hardest grunting up the hill. Here's wishing you all a great weekend. We're not happy with where we are on the charts though, and will be working very hard on that as well.

brad and connie.
Old January 9, 2010, 08:32 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Averages jump all over the place. Will fluctuate all over the place in the summer (heat, vacations, etc)
Fold for team #54196