Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, actualiy, I am folding for the NCIX team right now. Hardware Canuks would be my second choice though. How is the Canuk team doing anyway?
Old October 25, 2007, 05:33 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

We're a relatively small Team compared to NCIx, and we are ranked ~470 ATM. We need all the members we can to help us move forward!
Old October 25, 2007, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I may consider folding again, so long as my power bill doesn't get too rediculous.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old October 28, 2007, 01:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

Hey all, well i finished a few units but it gives me some errors saying it cannot send the results to the server.
What can i do?
It has tried a few times but keeps saying retrying....

Wow this sux seems my units i did before did not send either, and it says unit deadline passed, hmmmm
someone please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My pleasure, but I didn't do too much...

To benchmark your folding, d/l Fahmon (Home | FahMon). It will give you the folding ppd (points-per-day) average. I'll know then if your crunching #s are good, compared to my Q6600. You can also add your lappy's E6600 to Fahmon if you have a network. Then we could do the same comparison with my E6400 which is folding @ 3.43GHz.

Your E6600 will be running @ 3.6 in your lappy?
Sorry for the late reply, nope, my lappys max oc is 2.9 . But i might put it in a new desktop and crank it up to 3.6 again.
Put some cooler in my lappy :)

Hmmmm so can anyone help with my problem?
Oh can someone please tell me what to select for the advanced options?
Do i say yes for "use internet explorer setting?"
Also i added the program to my exceptions on my firewall, im getting the packets and downloading them so i dont think thats the problem.

Anyway please help soon, dont want the packet i just did to expire as well :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscout View Post
The supported way to look at your client.cfg settings is to run the clinet with the '-configonly' flag. It will display current or default settings, whatever is currently set and you can change them if you need to ... with -configonly the client ends after the config prompts without downloading a new wu or starting an existing one so you can run it as often as you need to but you can only have 1 client running at a time in a directory and with its own machine id (which is the last prompt under advanced setting prompt).
Also how to i setup a '-configonly' flag?
I dont know what you mean by that,(sorry for my noobness at this!) and i need to edit my advanced settings.
Im using th SMP client btw :)

UPDATE:
Alright opened it with noteTab and i have this:

[settings]
username=apollo4g
team=54196
asknet=no
bigpackets=yes
machineid=1

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=yes

Where is the advances setting? LoL
What values should i change for max results and fixing this dam thing so i can send my results.

Last edited by Apollo4g; October 28, 2007 at 03:27 AM.
Old October 28, 2007, 11:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I certainly am not an expert but......I believe that as long as the units were crunched in time that you will be credited when you finally upload them. (don't quote me on that one though). I know that some folding servers have issues sometimes and do not upload for a while. Are the wu's still sitting in your queue? I have had to shutdown my folding and restart sometimes to force the wu to send. You could ask for advice on the NCIX forum, there a quite a few knowledgeable people there. *from NCIX forum*Quote-If you shutdown the SMP client (and wait a minute for all the threads to stop), you can force send it by typing (in command/dos window) the name of smp client with the parameters -send all -verbosity 9 (verbosity 9 to give more info on what is happening). It can take up to 15 minutes for that to complete.
Old October 28, 2007, 01:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Well, I certainly am not an expert but......I believe that as long as the units were crunched in time that you will be credited when you finally upload them. (don't quote me on that one though). I know that some folding servers have issues sometimes and do not upload for a while. Are the wu's still sitting in your queue? I have had to shutdown my folding and restart sometimes to force the wu to send. You could ask for advice on the NCIX forum, there a quite a few knowledgeable people there. *from NCIX forum*Quote-If you shutdown the SMP client (and wait a minute for all the threads to stop), you can force send it by typing (in command/dos window) the name of smp client with the parameters -send all -verbosity 9 (verbosity 9 to give more info on what is happening). It can take up to 15 minutes for that to complete.
Thanks for the info, i tried to restart it, but still nothing.
Where do i type those dos commands in? I cant type anything in the F@H dos window.

Old October 28, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Are you running vista?
Here is a link hope it helps. I am out of town right now so I can't jump onto my quad to check things out
Folding@Home SMP Console Install - DigiWiki

Last edited by stoanee; October 28, 2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old October 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Are you running vista?
nope xp 32

Old October 29, 2007, 05:29 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Folding@Home SMP Console Install - DigiWiki

Make sure you follow these steps (except for the username and team number and "Allow receipt of work assignments...: choose Yes), they should answer your questions related to the install. And yes, the F@H servers have been acting lately.

Do not use IE settings.
Do not proxy.
Use maximum memory available.

John

Last edited by 3.0charlie; October 29, 2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Link added
Old October 29, 2007, 07:59 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Follow this procedure if you are having issues sending completed units to server:

Cannot retrieve work units

:)